Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 109>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:07pm
peruvian hair is very straight with thin strands.
Sponsored Links

Cookie67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 4:32pm
Anyone know of a stylist in Chicago that knows how to install lace closures?
alwayshappy2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alwayshappy2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 9:47am
ok I had started a post I just want to know if anyone has tried Bliss Triune?? Just want some honest opinions before making a potential purchase
phoenixja123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixja123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:18pm
I am about to do my first weave and was wondering how everyone wash their hair with a full sew in. Do u wet your braids underneath? If so, does it not do damage to relaxed hair to dry in a braid like that? Also, when u wash does the tracks loosen? I am concerned about adding so much thread that it could possibly form knots. Generally I guess what I am trying to ask is how do you prevent damage to real relaxed hair when washing extensions?

Also, I am about to buy from a cv and was wondering if rinse is ok to use on so called Brazilian here. If so, which brand do you recommend?
Thanks in advance.
Kyyyla88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyyyla88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 5:39pm
Hey y'all.

I'm completely new to this (obviously) so if this topic has already been posted, I apologize. I am planning a trip and want to change up my hair & make it a bit easier to take care of. Initially, I started out with wanting a partial sew-in that left out my edges & possibly my top as well.

I eventually started looking on google for different hairstyles to show my stylist, but ended up running across the braidless sew-in. The one that I'm most fond of is the one where you thread your hair straight across and then sew the extension to your already placed thread.

It seems easy enough to deal with and you can pull your hair back into a tight and high ponytail with no bumps or lumps being shown. The only problem is I will have my hair out & I won't be able to get creative with an already curly or wavy weave.

I'd love opinions and comparisons from anyone who has had this done and even the ones who have not.

~Thanks so much.
Bristal Birita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:06am
Originally posted by TerriP94 TerriP94 wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for an excellent virgin hair company that sells either peruvian, malaysian or filipino hair. I wasconsidering diamond hair company but ik there are sooo many more companies out there. Anyway I need the hair to be able to last me until at least prom. Can anyone help?
try out some of the other  iv's also..some of them can really satisfy your virgin hair needs ..but be aware to get the right company else you will be in vain sweetzz!! Wink

Edited by Bristal Birita - Jan 30 2013 at 4:08am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Princess09 Princess09 wrote:

for a true newbie...i want a good quality weave that lasts longer than a few months. i'm willing to pay a few hundreds for 14-16inches. i want just basic black 1b color. 

is the IndiRemi Brand good? this vid had me convinced because it's something  i would do, take out, put it back in for a few months

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzTf0tFF5U - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzTf0tFF5U

i would seal my wefts with *fabric glue or hair glue* to help reduce shedding. what do you all think?
The video looks pretty good..let me kow the website address.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bristal Birita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:19am
Originally posted by star42 star42 wrote:

I am about to order hair from a vendor and I'm confused as to which hair to order. I read that the Chinese light yaki hair comes closest to relaxed AA hair. If I go with the yaki, I will order the body wave. Does this hair hold a curl? Can it be flat-ironed?

I also read that Brazilian virgin hair is the most popular and resembles AA relaxed hair. What are the differences? I don't want hair that is too silky but I want it to have a lot of movement and bounce to it. 
 if you dont want the hair to be too silky then dont go for brazillian ..may be virgin deep wavy with a bit of curls at the end can do justice as the curls a the end makes your hair  little bouncy..
if bouncy hair is the only thing you want then i would suggest you to go for curly( my all time fav ).
believe me bouncy curly looks **sexy** !! :) Wink
Misskittyxxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misskittyxxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:51pm
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Jazzwave Impulse Virgin hair?!

http://www.beautyempireusa.com/100_Virgin_Remy_Hair_Impulse_IVR_12in_p/157-jwhc-rw.htm

Misskittyxxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misskittyxxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by phoenixja123 phoenixja123 wrote:

I am about to do my first weave and was wondering how everyone wash their hair with a full sew in. Do u wet your braids underneath? If so, does it not do damage to relaxed hair to dry in a braid like that? Also, when u wash does the tracks loosen? I am concerned about adding so much thread that it could possibly form knots. Generally I guess what I am trying to ask is how do you prevent damage to real relaxed hair when washing extensions?

Also, I am about to buy from a cv and was wondering if rinse is ok to use on so called Brazilian here. If so, which brand do you recommend?
Thanks in advance.

I wash my braids underneath, and use a blow dryer after to make sure it doesn't mold. I also put a oil in my tracks after blowdrying so I don't dry out my hair. Also my tracks haven't loosened yet. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 109>
  Share Topic