Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 134>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yazmin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yazmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

Originally posted by Yazmin Yazmin wrote:

Using a variety of search parameters on this forum, Google and YouTube, I still have not found an answer to this question:  how long do (or should) you wait to wash you hair after it's installed?  I've been told to wait two weeks to allow the braids to set underneath.  Has anyone else heard the same thing?

It doesn't really matter as long as you are delicate when washing.  You can wash the next day if you like or have the need to...so no, you don't have to wait two weeks.

Thank you for answering my question!
Sponsored Links

afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Anuli Anuli wrote:

Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

wow thanks for this, i know this is a stupid question but i'm ordering from a cv and the wefts are offered in 7 ounces, i'm getting the Chinese light yaki. should i order another 3.5 ounces just in case or do you think it will be enough for a full install?
ps i have a medium to big head. thanks in advance.

The wefts are offered in 7oz? Or...your buying 2 packs (3.5x2). With straight hair i'd get 3 packs cause you can always cut it or take some out if it's too much, plus if its not enough you don't want to pay the $25 shipping for one pack of hair.

Thanks anuli, they quoted me the price for 7oz, i guess they come in 3.5 a pack. i'm buying another pack don't want to take chances.
ps. your avi is funny and disgusting lolTongue
mocharoni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocharoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 9:47am

Originally posted by Anuli Anuli wrote:

wow thanks for this, i know this is a stupid question but i'm ordering from a cv and the wefts are offered in 7 ounces, i'm getting the Chinese light yaki. should i order another 3.5 ounces just in case or do you think it will be enough for a full install?
ps i have a medium to big head. thanks in advance.

The wefts are offered in 7oz? Or...your buying 2 packs (3.5x2). With straight hair i'd get 3 packs cause you can always cut it or take some out if it's too much, plus if its not enough you don't want to pay the $25 shipping for one pack of hair.

Thanks anuli, they quoted me the price for 7oz, i guess they come in 3.5 a pack. i'm buying another pack don't want to take chances.
ps. your avi is funny and disgusting lolTongue

Before you order, ask the cv if the wefs are doubled.  CLY looks most natural if you split the wefts first (seal your wefts!).  7-8 oz of light yaki can be quite heavy looking.  If you split the wefts, 7 oz will likely be more than enough.

eta:  What lengths are you getting?

Edited by mocharoni - May 10 2011 at 9:47am
kaliangel03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaliangel03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 12:07pm
Thanks for doing this post!  There is so much information that I am getting kind of confused Smile  Anyways....I would like to get a full weave to promote hair my natural hair growth.  My hair is natural, no chemicals.  My question is how would I go about washing it and making sure my natural hair is being taken care of.  (Making sure it is staying moisturized, not breaking off, etc...)

Also it seems as though some ladies braid a net into their hair underneath the weave so the tracks are attached to the net and not their hair.  Would you recommend doing that?  Does it make that much of a difference?

Sorry if the questions seem kind of juvenile but I am new to the process. Thank youSmile
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 10:19pm

*sigh*

I have so many questions but I am scared I'll get the "we've discussed this before...do a search" answer Cry

Could someone please adopt me... a weave noob?Big smile  I'm seriously thinking about going back to weaves for protective hair styles until the end of 2011.    I've scoured bhm archives, other hair forums, sites that sell hair, youtube, recent hair threads (but then I get caught up in pics/random foolishness and get all off track)...

...............but  I still have some questions about blending and full weave installs on my own hair.  

Please PM me if you can spare a few minutes!Big smile Geek Purty please???

*I PROMISE I'M NOT A SCAMMER*
lastfemstanding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lastfemstanding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 10:24am
Hi..
Im just wondering if Kevin cn gives a specific time frame of shipment or should i assume he's more of a ''pay and wait'' sorta vendor...
Thanks in advance
tafkap4d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tafkap4d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 12:07pm
LOVE the site!  It is overwhelming at first but I'm trying to learn.

I have a BoBraz question - I got my first BoBraz two months ago and it's official - I'm loving it!  We did not cut the hair but it has shedded quite a bit.  When we first sewed it in - the hair was past my shoulders and now two and a half months later it's on the middle of my neck.  Still looks good BUT I want to keep the length.

I am reading that I need to seal the weft (with dritz), let it dry and sew the weft in.  I got that!  What I want to know is:  This dritz will alleviate the shedding when I comb and brush the hair, correct?  I know it will still shed but I guess just not as much.

My weave artist (and she truly is) recommends I just wet the hair and not use product.  I used all kinds of product on it - NoodleHead, Twisted Sister, Curl Activator, Soft Sheen products (I am NOT affliated with any products), etc.  What is your recommendation on shampooing and maintaining this gorgeous style.

Thanks!

Crystal
AaTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 5:40pm
Hi, I need some help. I keep hearing about KevinCN and wanted to purchase hair from him. I wanted to get the kinky straight chinese virgin. does any one have pics? how many oz. would be enough i dont want to spilt the wefts. I just want 14inch in the back and 10 inch in the front.  ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED THANKS :)
BigBossLady29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBossLady29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 4:31pm
I have a question about megatek and OCT I usually apply a mixture of half Megatek half OCT everyother day but I wash my hair once a week, is that ok or should I rinse every time I apply?
brittsbee View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by lastfemstanding lastfemstanding wrote:

Hi..
Im just wondering if Kevin cn gives a specific time frame of shipment or should i assume he's more of a ''pay and wait'' sorta vendor...
Thanks in advance

pay and wait.  Right now its about a 6 week wait. 

He's worth it
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 134>
  Share Topic