Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 114>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under 50 Posts? Ask WEAVE Questions Here Part 2
    Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:02am
Since the old thread is now posting out of order due to the amount of posts and pages, I am starting a new thread so the newbies and anyone else can get questions answered.

Here is the old thread:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=111564&title=under-50-posts-ask-weave-questions-here
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by wolfparty wolfparty wrote:

Originally posted by wolfparty wolfparty wrote:

Hey does anyone know where i can get this hair or something very close to it? 

anyone? ahaha

You should be looking for a deep wave or deep curl...here's an example below:

http://www.myluxehair.com/#!__shop/productscoverflow0=21

**YaKiGurL** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **YaKiGurL** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:16am
Very purdy that deep wave- looks like around 22"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Carmenlita Carmenlita wrote:

Hi everyone, I've tried to find info before asking but I think I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I currently have a full head of Halley's Curls Gentle Wave Relaxed. What products can I use for sheen and frizziness. I've tried the Dove sheen serum, Ion and I know that oil sheen and such will weigh my hair down. I just want smooth, shiny hair that doesn't poof when I go outside. I live in Louisiana so humidity is an issue.

Thanks!

When I wore/wear my HCGWR I used Sabino Moisture Block (Loc and Bloc is the new name) on the hair, it works on all types but I didn't have issues with frizzing and it does give it a slight shine but not too much.  You can also add a clear rinse to the hair for the shine factor (one similiar to what Clariol offers and Jazzing offers a clear rinse as well).  HTH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by divatude divatude wrote:

regarding kevincn, would the chinese light yaki match 4a/4b hair pressed? or is it just better to pick italian yaki?

I think either will work, it will depend on if you have fine or coarse hair.  If you have fine hair go for a texture on Indian or Mongolian hair. If you have coarse hair go for Chinese or Malaysian hair.  If you don't want to press your hair often go for Italian Yaki, however, if you don't mind pressing for a perfectly sleek look then go with Light Yaki.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Yazmin Yazmin wrote:

Using a variety of search parameters on this forum, Google and YouTube, I still have not found an answer to this question:  how long do (or should) you wait to wash you hair after it's installed?  I've been told to wait two weeks to allow the braids to set underneath.  Has anyone else heard the same thing?

It doesn't really matter as long as you are delicate when washing.  You can wash the next day if you like or have the need to...so no, you don't have to wait two weeks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by snickerdoodle17_1 snickerdoodle17_1 wrote:

Can anyone help me find a dupe of janet king yaky? Its the best hair ever its SUPER thick and the most natural coarse yaky texture ever. the only problem is its bss hair and not remy so it doesnt last. Does anyone know a vendor that makes hair like this that lasts?

I think the many CV's that are listed on this forum can dupe the texture you are looking for, you just have to be very specific.  If you happen to have a piece of the hair leftover - find a reputable one and send them the weft and have them duplicate it.  That will be as good as trying to provide a description to them.
snickerdoodle17_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snickerdoodle17_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 11:41am
Can anyone help me find a dupe of janet king yaky? Its the best hair ever its SUPER thick and the most natural coarse yaky texture ever. the only problem is its bss hair and not remy so it doesnt last. Does anyone know a vendor that makes hair like this that lasts?
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 3:45pm
wow thanks for this, i know this is a stupid question but i'm ordering from a cv and the wefts are offered in 7 ounces, i'm getting the Chinese light yaki. should i order another 3.5 ounces just in case or do you think it will be enough for a full install?
ps i have a medium to big head. thanks in advance.
Anuli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

wow thanks for this, i know this is a stupid question but i'm ordering from a cv and the wefts are offered in 7 ounces, i'm getting the Chinese light yaki. should i order another 3.5 ounces just in case or do you think it will be enough for a full install?
ps i have a medium to big head. thanks in advance.

The wefts are offered in 7oz? Or...your buying 2 packs (3.5x2). With straight hair i'd get 3 packs cause you can always cut it or take some out if it's too much, plus if its not enough you don't want to pay the $25 shipping for one pack of hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 114>
  Share Topic