Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask Natural Hair Questions Here!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under 50 Posts? Ask Natural Hair Questions Here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LIZZETTE81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIZZETTE81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Originally posted by LIZZETTE81 LIZZETTE81 wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Alize is a troll Lizette.

Does that mean making up sht?

Yup, and more.
In the past, the racists have gone overboard by posting pictures of dead black people..including children.
So we just tend to ignore and report the post.
DAMMNNNNN Unhappy, this is just wrong. Thank you...cuz who didn't know about "trollin" would be me Shocked. That's why I just love BHM I love Heart to learn new things, am a geek like that ClapClap
Sponsored Links

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by TeeTee1984 TeeTee1984 wrote:

Hi ladies, I have an indigo question::

After the FIRST 2 step indigo application,
Do you only apply indigo if you want to reapply (for blacker hair), or do you have to do the 2 step all over again?

Thanks in advance

I think if you just do indigo (which is really blue/purple) you won't get black.  I think the red of the henna is what helps to make the indigo black. 

But I'll let the experts answer that one. 

I haven't done it yet but I plan to hendigo once I reach my goal length.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Frichickeni4me Frichickeni4me wrote:

Hey yall.  I wanna go natural but I got some nasty ass dry patches and dont wanna go right from weave to afro.  What should I do?

Frichickeni4me--

TROLL
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by ribsnlinks ribsnlinks wrote:

I work in a east texas bbq joint an my fro smell like hickory smoke til I washes it wit Dawn. Try dat bro. If it don't work jus shave it off. Island brothas look hella good bald.

TROLL
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2012 at 7:48pm
I think another "invasion" is near..
Unhappy

Edited by yaya24 - Mar 05 2012 at 7:49pm
longhairvisions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longhairvisions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2012 at 2:00pm
Shocked That trolling thing is serious. they must really not have anything better to do with their lives. Anywhooo...Hello! I'm new and I'm happy this thread exists. My question is how long is okay to keep box braids(with my natural hair) in safely. I was thinking of keeping them in for 2 months while wearing wigs, beanies and the like for protections. I am on a one year braid challenge with myself but allowing a hairdresser to install synthetic braid for me makes me cringe. They don't know how to handle my hair. So I have decided to just braid up my own hair and be creative.
devoncarrots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devoncarrots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 8:17pm
i doubt anyone will see this

but i've been transitioning for a while. I haven't had a relaxer since april 15th 2010

I've mainly been sticking to full head sew ins and braids.

I have a set of yarn braids in that i'm taking out this week but I'm kind of lost as to what I should do once I take these out.

Ms.NiNi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.NiNi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:00pm
I really hope someone responds, I NEED HELP FOR MY DAUGHTER!!!

My 14 year-old, bless her little heart, has decided she wants to go natural.  She has been getting relaxers since she was 5.  Her hair is EXTREMELY thick.  She hasn't had a relaxer since Easter 2012 and since I just had Thanksgiving leftovers, I reckon it's been a little over seven months.  During the transition, we've been doing keratin straighteners and braids to keep her hair under control.  (Freshman year is tough when you live in a small town (18,000+ people) that is 60% white, 30% Mexican and 10% shared between everyone else.)

I don't know what her curl pattern number or letter is.  I know that it is coiled like an old skool phone cord and the diameter is about 1/2 to 1 centimeter.  

Her hair is extremely dry and thirsty.  I can't seem to keep it moisturized.  When it's not in braids, it gets washed with Ion Keratin shampoo and conditioner, a blow dry and a "quick" low heat hot comb (we're talking sections that are 1"-2" thick). When it's blow dried out, her hair goes down to the base of her neck, but when it's wet, she has a TWA.

I'm worried about sending her to school with a TWA.  But I'm extremely proud of her boldness to embrace her natural in the land-o-straight and silky.  I'm not brave enough to ditch the creamy crack just yet.  I've tried.  I'm chicken.  We're both sick of braids.

What do we do for her moisture?
How much time do we have to devote to her hair care during the week?
How do we begin to stretch her curl pattern out a little?
I keep reading about V05 - would that really work for her hair as thick as it is?

HELP!!!!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:12am
@ms.nini, i am going to try to respond to your questions, and i hope others will chime in as well:

What do we do for her moisture?
how often are you washing her hair?  and how often are you doing the keratin treatment?  i believe that treatment is pretty drying so you should be really upping your moisture.  how often do you moisturize between washes?  and what do you moisturize with?  you also mentioned braids - what is your routine for moisturizing when the braids are in?

How much time do we have to devote to her hair care during the week?
it depends on the state of her hair and what it needs.  for example, is it breaking?  does she do a lot of swimming in chlorinated water?

How do we begin to stretch her curl pattern out a little?
you can try braids/cornrows or twists/flat twists on her own hair and then undo them - these styles tend to stretch the hair a bit.

I keep reading about V05 - would that really work for her hair as thick as it is?
it depends on what you are using the v05 for...do you want to detangle with it?  it might, if you take small sections.  you have to try it and see.  for example, i use suave naturals as a detangler and it is pretty good.  i have tried the v05 and i have to use it in small sections to detangle, but it works.  and the price, you can't beat!  these two conditioners (used by themselves) do nothing for moisture on my hair though.  i have thick, kinky hair.

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:14am
Originally posted by devoncarrots devoncarrots wrote:

i doubt anyone will see this

but i've been transitioning for a while. I haven't had a relaxer since april 15th 2010

I've mainly been sticking to full head sew ins and braids.

I have a set of yarn braids in that i'm taking out this week but I'm kind of lost as to what I should do once I take these out.

ack!  i am going to be better about checking this thread from here on out.  i remember when i was a newbie, i would ask questions in this thread and i would be so sad when no one responded....

so, did you figure out what to do?  how is your hair doing?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
  Share Topic