Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 Posts? Ask Natural Hair Questions Here!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedUnder 50 Posts? Ask Natural Hair Questions Here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under 50 Posts? Ask Natural Hair Questions Here!
    Posted: May 08 2009 at 6:37pm
We need one, ask questions ladies!!!!!!!!!!! lets get more of us over here
Sponsored Links

teejay88 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 9:49pm
ok so i had a perm and i did the bc after I had about 3 inches of new growth and after a year of doing protective styles i want to wear my hair natural, but my hair is extremely dry and i dont know what to do with it or how to style it...any suggestions?
naturalmane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 10:59pm
Hi, teejay,

What's your current regimine and the products you use?

As far as styling, there's not much I do with my hair, basically out of lazyness. I only wear it in a curly fro and headband. Others might chim in with styles you can try.

Edited by naturalmane - May 08 2009 at 11:01pm
niki_p View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by teejay88 teejay88 wrote:

ok so i had a perm and i did the bc after I had about 3 inches of new growth and after a year of doing protective styles i want to wear my hair natural, but my hair is extremely dry and i dont know what to do with it or how to style it...any suggestions?

yes, regimen, products, general info about your hair please, how often do you wash etc.

hope you enjoy your stay.
RMichelleM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2009 at 1:56am
products i use include giovanni direct leave in conditioner, carol's daughter healthy hair butter and castor oil.

i don't use cones or petroleum because they can be difficult to wash out and lead to build up.

some of my fav conditioners are aubrey organics and nature's gate conditioners.

i mainly style my hair in buns and puffs, but i also like two strand twists and finger coils. i like to pin may hair up in different styles too, especially when im wearing twists.
New Me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 1:17pm
Hi! I did the big chop in Feb. 09. I have yet to find the right regimen or products for my hair. What products do you recommend (shampoo, conditioner, styling products)? So far I have tried the following: Burts Bees Super Shiny Shampoo and Conditioner; Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo, Gio. Natural Styling Gel. Are the more expensive products really better? (Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Godhead Beauty 4 Ashes, Curls, etc.) There are so many and they are expensive $13 and up for 8 oz. Thanks in advance.
bmorechick27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 1:43pm
My hair is a hot mess so I'm hoping to get some advice as well! I started wearing weaves due to hair thinness/baldness. I stopped getting relaxers almost a year ago. The problem is that I didn't treat my hair or do anything to help it safely transition while wearing weaves. I REALLY need it trimmed because it mostly dead/split ends. I can barely comb it so I normally just condition it and brush it into a mini bushy ponytail to wear underneath my weaves/caps.

My normal routine: I wash it every week with Pantene shampoo and then I either use Aphogee's leave in or Cantu's leave in conditioner. I try to moisturize or grease my scalp often but the hair itself is SOOOO dry and brittle.

I was thinking of getting a texturizer or SOMETHING so I can at least comb through it and wrap it when I get weave caps. I am at a total loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions????
niki_p View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 10:44am
Originally posted by bmorechick27 bmorechick27 wrote:

My hair is a hot mess so I'm hoping to get some advice as well! I started wearing weaves due to hair thinness/baldness. I stopped getting relaxers almost a year ago. The problem is that I didn't treat my hair or do anything to help it safely transition while wearing weaves. I REALLY need it trimmed because it mostly dead/split ends. I can barely comb it so I normally just condition it and brush it into a mini bushy ponytail to wear underneath my weaves/caps.

My normal routine: I wash it every week with Pantene shampoo and then I either use Aphogee's leave in or Cantu's leave in conditioner. I try to moisturize or grease my scalp often but the hair itself is SOOOO dry and brittle.

I was thinking of getting a texturizer or SOMETHING so I can at least comb through it and wrap it when I get weave caps. I am at a total loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions????

do you DC, and what with? what do you grease the scalp with? do you have a moisturizer- good ones normally have water and/or glycerin, especially glycerin in the first 5 ingredients. don't comb when dry-this leads to more breakage and split ends.
Cupcake77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 11:01am
Originally posted by New Me New Me wrote:

Hi! I did the big chop in Feb. 09. I have yet to find the right regimen or products for my hair. What products do you recommend (shampoo, conditioner, styling products)? So far I have tried the following: Burts Bees Super Shiny Shampoo and Conditioner; Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo, Gio. Natural Styling Gel. Are the more expensive products really better? (Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Godhead Beauty 4 Ashes, Curls, etc.) There are so many and they are expensive $13 and up for 8 oz. Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I'm a drugstore/grocer product user.  there are some expensive products I love (curls whipped cream for one) but I usually can't afford them on regular basis, yet.   I'm a 4a/b  and this what I like

Co-wash: Pantene Beautiful Lengths or Moisture renewel
Moisture: Hawaiian silky miracle worker
End sealer:  shea butter or evoo
styling aids: hawaiian silky styling gel(for wave definition), care free curl (for curl definition), murray's beeswax(for braiding and twisting)
DC:  mayo,honey,evoo  Or coconut milk and honey

hope this helps
bmorechick27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by niki_p niki_p wrote:

Originally posted by bmorechick27 bmorechick27 wrote:

Any suggestions????

do you DC, and what with? what do you grease the scalp with? do you have a moisturizer- good ones normally have water and/or glycerin, especially glycerin in the first 5 ingredients. don't comb when dry-this leads to more breakage and split ends.

I use Affirm's Reconstructor every two weeks as a deep conditioning. I just bought the Cantu leave in conditioner about a week and a half ago but when I washed it last, I DC'd with it overnight. I plan to do the same each week. I bought some olive oil moisturizer last night and used that and my hair really responded well to it. It wasn't brittle but it was a little dry again this morning.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic