Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:45am
i like mane n tail personally. it's a protein conditioner. another one that's touted to be good is keracare. 
Sponsored Links

1CeleBritty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1CeleBritty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:25am
thank you so much for making this post. I let my sister put a perm in my hair in April 2012 being uneducated she didnt use a neutralizing shampoo as a result my hair just been coming out every since. I try to moisturize and seal, i got the aphogee 2 step reconstructor and there leave in conditioner , going to the salon to get my hair done etc. I been wearing sew- ins so i wont have to see it come out daily, but as im writing this i notice that my leave out doesnt shed. At this point im lost and if my hair continue to come out like this i soon wont have any. HELP
Sheer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:45pm
I think it will also help if you started taken an good supplement like Hair Obsession Vitamin.  Even if you going to be doing the braids is great for the hair, but the hair still need to be stronger enough to take braid because hair is still going to be same condition when take the braids out  , these vitamin has made my hair thick and stronger and I have no breakage as long as take them.  I got them from amazon.com they have 5000 mcg of biotin and 800mg MSM and more natural herd you do need to drink alot of water because of the high dosage of biotin. They stop the breakage and make you hair grow all together then Rock the Braids.HandshakeHandshake
teezee22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teezee22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:28am
I had my baby in July. Help my hair is just coming out. I know you experience same shedding as my hormones reregulate themselves but this is serious. I feel like i am gonna go bold. i had my hair in a weave for about 5week and took it out yesterday and It didn't tangle at all but while combing it out with a wide tooth comb it was coming out a lot. Ahh help. i even put in AVeda intensive restructuring treatment. Helped a bit. I am deep moisturising it now. What can i do.
mrsscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:58am
My son is 14 months old after I had him and stopped breastfeeding I noticed my hair was coming out a lot, Everton trying to assure me it was normal but I knew that what I had was excessive. .. finally I ended up going to the doctor and getting a biopsy, I was just informed I have ccca alopecia. .. The doctor said a lot of people don't realize they have it but it happens a lot with African American women. ..I just received my meds and am keeping my fingers crossed that they work
MissMans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 2:52pm
Hello! I actually came here through a "research" for some hair questions. I'm in the military, (been in for 7 years) and prior to me coming in I had full, thick hair which was bottom neck length. My mom was a hairstylist so I NEVER EVER had to do my own hair and moving out on my own was the first time I actually handled it. Fast forward seven years after, weaves, glue ins, micros and even trying a "did it myself" lacefront, I completely ruined my hair. Badly, horribly... as in I have alopecia (complete baldness) now on both back sides of my head and my hair grows fine up front and top but basically makes a v-shape towards the back (no hair around my ears). I have resorted to wearing sew-ins and wigs and cant do any up-dos because of the baldness. Now, I'm in a position in the military where things will slow down a lot and I'm getting stationed near home. I was planning on seeing a military doctor but dont know how to word it or address my situation to try to get it fixed. I spoke to some other females in the military and they told me that I may end up going the route where they might have to do shots into my scalp but that would require me not to wear any weaves or any kind of hardship on my head. I was wondering if you had any advice as in, any "remedies" and such to help with the baldness and if there is any possible wigs/other hairstyles I can have in my head if it would require me no sew-ins but will STAY on my head while running or any kind of activities.
missmansaray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmansaray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 9:32pm
i have done everything, trimmed deep conditioned etc... whenever i twist the back of my hair ( which is fine) the ends break off once I twist towards the end. why is this? i am not sure if i need more protein or moisture. I'm thinking it needs more protein. o yeah.....i tried the strand test, that does nothing for me! plz help. thanx!
lawbutterfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawbutterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 5:01pm

Can anybody help with this type of breakage? I don't know if it's protien or moisture, even though I'm trying to oil it more frequently and I've done a DC within the last week. I've been seeing this for months now and I don't know what to do about it except comb my hair until I stop seeing hairs in my hands and then DC the hair that's still attached to my head.

Edited by lawbutterfly - Mar 06 2013 at 5:20pm
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by lawbutterfly lawbutterfly wrote:

Can anybody help with this type of breakage? I don't know if it's protien or moisture, even though I'm trying to oil it more frequently and I've done a DC within the last week. I've been seeing this for months now and I don't know what to do about it except comb my hair until I stop seeing hairs in my hands and then DC the hair that's still attached to my head.

I sure hope someone answers this! My last wash was like this only worse. I intend to wash my hair this Saturday  weekend and do a protein treatment followed by a deep conditioning. The following Saturday I will be getting a good trim and having a weave installed.

Edited by YaYaStar - Mar 06 2013 at 9:02pm
PurelyIrritated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurelyIrritated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 8:14pm
I appreciate the help. I'm currently suffering from damaged hair and breakage. I have always went to the beauty shop so taking care of my hair solo is brand new. The water where I go to college drys out my hair so bad which caused the damage over the years. I recently purchased a new shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, deep treatment, and vitamins all which I plan to use weekly and I use the olive oil moisturizer daily. My hair is super soft but still frizzy and dry. I'm trying to limit heat but the braid-outs and roller sets just look terrible they look frizzy and dry so I'm really lost. Its been 3 weeks since I started using the products and I must admit I've been skipping on the vitamins but I didn't think that would do much harm. My hair has grown from my chin to neckline in the past year so how can I keep this going? What am I doing wrong and what can I do to get my healthy hair back?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899>