Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by InMySkin InMySkin wrote:

THANK YOUUUUU!!!! 

okay, so... MY NAPE! Its terrible. My nape has just always been SUPER SHORT! The rest of my hair grows beautifully, but my nape? oh no. And its texture is like, past 4c even. I don't know what to do with it. I know it has to be a breakage problem though because even when I shave it, it grows back.. It just refuses to grow past like, half or a 3rd of a centimeter. Its so annoying and ugly! HELP MEEEEE!!!!! 

I know this sounds silly but have you tried moisturizing that area and braiding that stubborn section at night and in the morning, just unbraid it?  Maybe that will help.  I have that one section of hair that is so brittle and dry but by moisturizing and braiding it at night, I managed to get it to grow.  It is still brittle but I am getting length.  I think this section might be a fungal infection because it tends to be itchy *shrugs*.  But before that, my whole nape was a hot mess but I started moisturizing that area nightly and it has improved leaps and bounds.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by BlackpGem BlackpGem wrote:

Posted my problem elsewhere, going to try here to..
Ive been natural for 13 months and absolutely love my 4b/c whatever type kinks and mini cork screws. However a few months ago while doing a s&d for ssks I discovered splits in my hair shafts. So I began to s&d them too but know it's too the point I literally have a split on just about every hair, like I can randomly cut a piece of hair and it'll have splits/swells and sometimes the reg old split end at the bottoms as well. It's to the point i cut the heck outta my hair and then there's just as much again. I know I probably need to do a bc again     but feel like it's pointless if I don't know the root of the problem. With all my cutting I lost at least a good 3 inches of growth, a lot more some areas but my hairs thankfully soooo thick it's not thaaat 
obvious. Right now I feel like 2 strand twisting my hair is part of the cause of the horrific splits as I just twisted a small section I just cut and noticed that the damp hair stretches as I twist but when twisted the "curl formed" (sorry not sure how to otherwise describe it) there's splits along the "bends" of the curl pattern. I hope I'm making sense (it's late and I'm desperate for help and tired) I feel like I didn't have this much Damage when I relaxed   as for routine I do switch up a lot (hey Im a new natural still looking for mine, although i suck at it apparently) but I nvr ever use heat so it's not heat damage, not sure if it's protein defeciency since I use products that do contain some protein, I co wash when I feel the need to but at min that's once a wk. Umm not sure what other important fact I'm missing, any help is Grately appreciated

May I ask if you comb and/or brush your hair frequently?  I know for me, I cannot brush my hair while damp and I have to be extra careful when combing my hair while damp.  What my problem was that I was too focused on keeping my hair moist but forgot to incorporate protein into my hair care routine.  IMO the hardest thing about hair care for kinky curly hair is knowing the right proportion of moisture and protein.  Right now I am experimenting with a couple treatments and the best I have used so far is the Hask Henna and Placenta with Olive Oil conditioning treatment.  It really cuts down on the breakage for my hair.  For extra insurance, I follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner to prevent protein overload.  I used it once and the results was strong.  I will try it again in four weeks, which is coming up next month.
BlackpGem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackpGem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2012 at 8:50pm
I probably comb my hair once a wk if that really depends on the style but I really finger detangle and I brush even less frequently-only when I do a puff which is rare. Honestly I dont believe I'm rough at all bc if my hair is that sensitive it needs to man up lol. Im thinking it's a protein defeciency bc I tried apogee 2 step and while to me mupynhair nvr felt weak at all despite the splits, it feels better. I'm going to keep it up, let the hair grow out while slowly cutting the damage away.
Thanks for the Help :). Maybe I'll try the hask when the four wks is up to compare.
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by BlackpGem BlackpGem wrote:

Posted my problem elsewhere, going to try here to..
Ive been natural for 13 months and absolutely love my 4b/c whatever type kinks and mini cork screws. However a few months ago while doing a s&d for ssks I discovered splits in my hair shafts. So I began to s&d them too but know it's too the point I literally have a split on just about every hair, like I can randomly cut a piece of hair and it'll have splits/swells and sometimes the reg old split end at the bottoms as well. It's to the point i cut the heck outta my hair and then there's just as much again. I know I probably need to do a bc again     but feel like it's pointless if I don't know the root of the problem. With all my cutting I lost at least a good 3 inches of growth, a lot more some areas but my hairs thankfully soooo thick it's not thaaat 
obvious. Right now I feel like 2 strand twisting my hair is part of the cause of the horrific splits as I just twisted a small section I just cut and noticed that the damp hair stretches as I twist but when twisted the "curl formed" (sorry not sure how to otherwise describe it) there's splits along the "bends" of the curl pattern. I hope I'm making sense (it's late and I'm desperate for help and tired) I feel like I didn't have this much Damage when I relaxed   as for routine I do switch up a lot (hey Im a new natural still looking for mine, although i suck at it apparently) but I nvr ever use heat so it's not heat damage, not sure if it's protein defeciency since I use products that do contain some protein, I co wash when I feel the need to but at min that's once a wk. Umm not sure what other important fact I'm missing, any help is Grately appreciated

May I ask if you comb and/or brush your hair frequently?  I know for me, I cannot brush my hair while damp and I have to be extra careful when combing my hair while damp.  What my problem was that I was too focused on keeping my hair moist but forgot to incorporate protein into my hair care routine.  IMO the hardest thing about hair care for kinky curly hair is knowing the right proportion of moisture and protein.  Right now I am experimenting with a couple treatments and the best I have used so far is the Hask Henna and Placenta with Olive Oil conditioning treatment.  It really cuts down on the breakage for my hair.  For extra insurance, I follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner to prevent protein overload.  I used it once and the results was strong.  I will try it again in four weeks, which is coming up next month.<mytubeelement turnoffpagedbuffering="true" hideannotations="false" savebandwidth="false" enablefullscreen="true" onlynotification="false" fshd="true" quality="default" autoplayonsmartbuffer="true" autoplayonbufferpercentage="42" autoplayonbuffer="false" autobuffer="true" autoplay="false" hidepopup="false" loop="false" enable="true" loglevel="0" notification="true" desktopnotification="true" id="myTubeElement"><bundle any_moment="Any Moment" sec="Sec" min="Min" hr="Hr" stopped="Stopped" buffering_stalled="Buffering is stalled. Will stop." completed="Completed" will_start_playing_when_initialized="Will start playing when initialized" will_start_buffering_when_initialized="Will start buffering when initialized" waiting="Waiting" calculating="Calculating" adblock_interferance_message="Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add   to adblock whitelist." error="Error" notification_status_delimitor=";" desktop_notification_denied="You have denied permission for desktop notification for site" click_to_enable_for__site="Click to enable for site" off="Off" on="On" not_suped="Not Suped" buffered_message="The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play." hyphen="-" buffered="Buffered" video_buffered="Video Buffered" no_notification_suped_on_your_browser="No notification style suped on your browser version" global_preferences="Global Preferences" estimated_time="Estimated Time" only_notify="Only Notify" loop="Loop" continuation_on_next_line="-" desktop_notification="Desktop Notification" ="" start_playing_when_buffered="Start playing when buffered" smart_buffer="Smart Buffer" percentage="%" label_delimitor=":"></bundle></mytubeelement>
InMySkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InMySkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 5:47pm
Thank you for responding! 
I've tried moisturizing it frequently to keep it from breaking, but it still does! I would try braiding it, but it isn't even long enough to twist or braid. I'm trying the whole MN thing (which i've been doing for a while), and I feel like its maybeee helping? Its grown enough to where I can pinch it a little bit, but I'm just scared it will break off again. It doesn't itch or do anything like that, it just is coiled SO tightly that it breaks. :-( I'm so discouraged because I hate it so much! I'm seriously willing to try just about anything. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 10:12pm

I've tried moisturizing it frequently to keep it from breaking, but it still does! I would try braiding it, but it isn't even long enough to twist or braid. I'm trying the whole MN thing (which i've been doing for a while), and I feel like its maybeee helping? Its grown enough to where I can pinch it a little bit, but I'm just scared it will break off again. It doesn't itch or do anything like that, it just is coiled SO tightly that it breaks. :-( I'm so discouraged because I hate it so much! I'm seriously willing to try just about anything. 

I don't know if this will help but I have been test driving this hair cream by Organic Root Stimulator called Hairepair Anti-Breakage Cream and for me it has seriously slowed down the breakage for me.  Mind you that I only used it for three days now but I am impressed by how quickly it worked for me.  It will probably take about three months before  I see breakage down to 20% or less but what I like about this product is that a small amount goes a long way and I can easily incorporate it into my LOC method.  And it doesn't hurt that it is cheap.  I plan to purchase it from Walmart since Walmart has a great return policy.  Plus it also seem to soften my hair.  My hair feels soft but strong if that makes sense.  But in all, I hope you find something that works.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Shiranui01 Shiranui01 wrote:

why i cannot write anything

You just did.  Since you are a newbie, you can't create a thread I believe.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 7:41pm
Well I see why you can't write anything.  Looks like you have been spamming the board with your latest nonsense.  You have been reported.
Nexxceleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexxceleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 2:35am
I really need help. My hair was always breaking and have always been short in the front on my left side.  However, it has become worse. My hair is shoulder length but my very front is as short as my pinky. Maybe even short.  Also, I noticed that the middle of my head has extreme breakage. Again shorter than my pinky. I figured that its become I wrap my hair at night and that middle part sticks out.  Also, I wrap my hair to the right so when I comb my hair out, which I part it and comb some to the left. I felt combing it opposite the wrap was breaking my hair so I stopped wrapping it.  It did not help in fact not wrapping my hair only made it dry and tangled in the morning.

When I went to a salon they told me that wrapping could not be the cause of my breakage. They gave my deep conditioner every week but it still hasnt worked.

Well, My question is can wrapping my hair break it? And if so, how can I avoid wrapping it at night where when I wake up the next morning it is not dry and I guess I should say nappy?

Also, what can I do to have my hair at least semi healthy again?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Nexxceleb Nexxceleb wrote:

I really need help. My hair was always breaking and have always been short in the front on my left side.  However, it has become worse. My hair is shoulder length but my very front is as short as my pinky. Maybe even short.  Also, I noticed that the middle of my head has extreme breakage. Again shorter than my pinky. I figured that its become I wrap my hair at night and that middle part sticks out.  Also, I wrap my hair to the right so when I comb my hair out, which I part it and comb some to the left. I felt combing it opposite the wrap was breaking my hair so I stopped wrapping it.  It did not help in fact not wrapping my hair only made it dry and tangled in the morning.

When I went to a salon they told me that wrapping could not be the cause of my breakage. They gave my deep conditioner every week but it still hasnt worked.

Well, My question is can wrapping my hair break it? And if so, how can I avoid wrapping it at night where when I wake up the next morning it is not dry and I guess I should say nappy?

Also, what can I do to have my hair at least semi healthy again?

When you wrap your hair, do you wear a silk or satin scarf?  Also what products do you use to wrap your hair at night?  Also do you use clips or bobby pins to hold your wrap in place and do you use a brush or comb and is it seamless/made of boar hair?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 3:23pm

Sorry about the late response but maybe you should try hair products specifically for breaking hair like Profectiv line, ORS Hairepair Anti Breakage Creme, Palmer's hair oil spray (either the coconut, olive oil, or cocoa butter version), Black & Beautiful carrot oil spray.  Basically anything that has hydrolyzed keratin might help.  It won't work overnight but over time it will slow down the breakage and also use proper heat protection products if you blow dry or flat iron your hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9394959697 99>