Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedUnder 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 99>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
yazzy101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 7:07pm
Hey,
I am currently experiencing breakage from a bad relaxer that I received in Aug *sighs*. In Oct I cut off the breakage that was occurring in my crown area and that has since recovered wonderfully. Now, the areas that I did not cut down is breaking as well. I am about to get a sew in on saturday to allow for as little manipulation as possible. How should I prepare my hair before and maintain my hair during it allow it to grow? I would appreciate any help I am at a loss at this point. 
Sponsored Links

sasha150 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 7:43pm

So I just needed help in trying to repair and put an end to severe breakage. I am about 4 or 5 months post relaxer (last relaxer was in November). I decided to stop after an incident with a hair product that caused my hair to break off. My hair is extremely short, well to me, it is about jaw line length. The sides at the front are shorter than that and the back, in some spots is incredibly short. I usually co-wash one week and then shampoo (ORS shampoo) and do a protein treatment (using Organics mayo) the week after. But I'm iffy about the conditionner I use to co-wash because it is the ORS replenishing pak and I feel like I should use a basic wash out conditionner, not a deep conditionner. I only use heat when I wash, I usually air dry for a bit then blow dry the rest dry and then flat iron to blend the two textures of hair. Because of my short hair and transition, I pull my hair back with a butterfly clip. I'm not sure if that could be causing breakage in the back of my hair and the sides, although I don't pull it back tightly. I also moisturize with Roots of Nature Triple Hair Redress or ORS Olive Oil moisturizing hair lotion. I seal with this oil, although I'm not sure is natural. I do brush my hair everyday, mostly the sides, and I comb it, usually with a wide-tooth comb but I still experience breakage. Touching my hair can cause hair to come out. After I've combed my hair, the floor is covered, as well as my clothes, in hair. I'm stuck on what to do and unsure how to fix or stop this breakage.

purpledoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 8:05am
i stopped my breakage by simply cowashing with cholesterol conditioner and I  moisturize with wave nuevo moisturizer 3 times a week, I twist my hair in protective style and slap my wig on.  My hair is super soft.  no more dry brittle hair.  Thanks everyone for your help
kathytwa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2012 at 4:55pm

Hello everyone I need help please.

I have severe breakages on my nape and both sides of my head. I have been struggling for over a year. I have tried every product you guys suggested. My last product for the last 3 monts are Henna weekly , Aphrogee tea tree leave in  weekly , 2 min Aphrogee weekly  , leave in treatment Aphrogee  weekly and Aphrogee damage shampoo weekly , GVP Conditioning Balm and  GVP Tea Tree Oil Treatment weekly 

Can you tell me if I have to much protein or overlap product . I had blood work from primary doctor and my dermatologist stated I alopecia because of braids. I am 45 years old . hair is natural , had one texuturier within a year ,  I wear twists under my wig , wash twice a week .  

Excuse spelling and grammar mistake.

Kathy
missmansaray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 9:30pm
Hi, I hae been natural for a while but I have been experiencing MAJOR breakage. my ends ar just popping off. At first I thought it was dry so I did moisture treatments, then I started noticing that my hair became limp ( my strands are fine) so i started doing protein treatments (ORS mayo) for about 3 weeks, now i have noticed that my hair had become really dry and brittle so i figured i was using too much protein. i cut alot of hair off ( i had split ends and plus i just wanted to cut the the dryness off, but its still dry!) also i was moisturizing my hair with conditioner which my hair probably didn't like so i stopped. a few days ago i shampood my hair...then deep conditioned with garnier conditioner ( triple moisture). i then sprayed my hair with a proten leave inand a moisture leave in. then for the later days every other day i would spray my hair alternating with protein and moisture and sealing. my hair has been cornrowed.
as of today i am currently deep conditioning with queen helene choloestorol and once i wash it out i will be spraying with a moisturizing braid spray( all i have for moisture right now)...this weekend i will be getting braids and am thinking about being very simple. my plan for braids is to deep condition them once a month ( will be consistently getting braids but i am planning to keep them for 2 months at a time). I will deep condition with a moisture treatment then spray with a moisture and protein that same day. during the weeks my hair is not being washed I will spray every other day with a moisture and protein treatmen (alternating).. the second time i deep condition i will use a protein treatmens (ORS mayo) followed by a moisturizing treatment. then i will alternate again with a moisture and protein spray when my hair is not being washed. does tihs soung like a good idea? please help! i am tired of this breakage!!!
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 7:11am
Originally posted by missmansaray missmansaray wrote:

Hi, I hae been natural for a while but I have been experiencing MAJOR breakage. my ends ar just popping off. At first I thought it was dry so I did moisture treatments, then I started noticing that my hair became limp ( my strands are fine) so i started doing protein treatments (ORS mayo) for about 3 weeks, now i have noticed that my hair had become really dry and brittle so i figured i was using too much protein. i cut alot of hair off ( i had split ends and plus i just wanted to cut the the dryness off, but its still dry!) also i was moisturizing my hair with conditioner which my hair probably didn't like so i stopped. a few days ago i shampood my hair...then deep conditioned with garnier conditioner ( triple moisture). i then sprayed my hair with a proten leave inand a moisture leave in. then for the later days every other day i would spray my hair alternating with protein and moisture and sealing. my hair has been cornrowed.
as of today i am currently deep conditioning with queen helene choloestorol and once i wash it out i will be spraying with a moisturizing braid spray( all i have for moisture right now)...this weekend i will be getting braids and am thinking about being very simple. my plan for braids is to deep condition them once a month ( will be consistently getting braids but i am planning to keep them for 2 months at a time). I will deep condition with a moisture treatment then spray with a moisture and protein that same day. during the weeks my hair is not being washed I will spray every other day with a moisture and protein treatmen (alternating).. the second time i deep condition i will use a protein treatmens (ORS mayo) followed by a moisturizing treatment. then i will alternate again with a moisture and protein spray when my hair is not being washed. does tihs soung like a good idea? please help! i am tired of this breakage!!!

clarify.rhassoul treatment.try this group.she has some great products

oreo3282 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2012 at 1:18pm
OK- I have had enough of my hair. I dont get it and I dont know how to fix it. When I wash my hair and just air dry it, my hair is soft and no breakage (aka no little hairs everywhere from just touching it). The minute I put heat on it (flat iron)... I have strands of hair all over my sink. I use shea butter (unrefined) to moisturize and my hair feels very soft and moisturized but the heat causes it to break. I only put heat once a week or once every 2 weeks on it.

I pre poo every 1.5-2 weeks using vitamin e oil and shea butter
shampoo with Kera Care every 1.5-2 weeks
condition with Silicon Mix Protein de perla (makes my hair soooo soft and finally moisturized) *just started this 4 week ago*

Anyone have any ideas of whats going on with my hair? The hairs are anywhere from .5 inches to 2 inches long so I know its from split ends that have broken. This seems to be my ONLY hair problem and would love any help.... Pretty please!!!

Jen
www.commecoco.com
oreo3282 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2012 at 1:19pm
OK- I have had enough of my hair. I dont get it and I dont know how to fix it. When I wash my hair and just air dry it, my hair is soft and no breakage (aka no little hairs everywhere from just touching it). The minute I put heat on it (flat iron)... I have strands of hair all over my sink. I use shea butter (unrefined) to moisturize and my hair feels very soft and moisturized but the heat causes it to break. I only put heat once a week or once every 2 weeks on it.

I pre poo every 1.5-2 weeks using vitamin e oil and shea butter
shampoo with Kera Care every 1.5-2 weeks
condition with Silicon Mix Protein de perla (makes my hair soooo soft and finally moisturized) *just started this 4 week ago*

Anyone have any ideas of whats going on with my hair? The hairs are anywhere from .5 inches to 2 inches long so I know its from split ends that have broken. This seems to be my ONLY hair problem and would love any help.... Pretty please!!!

Jen
www.commecoco.com
pyteeeee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 4:59pm
my hair was extremely hard, dry, brittle, and breaking alot so last week i added more moisture to my regimen and cut back the protein for a couple of days. now my hair feels amazing but when i pull on it while wet, strands just stretch and stretch and dont snap but just pulls right out of my head. this is a sign that i need more protien right? but just last weekend i needed more moisture! im supper confused!!!!!! 
annnngie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 7:27pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 99>
  Share Topic