Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Esha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under 50 posts? Ask hair breakage questions here
    Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 1:54pm
I think I'm one of the few people on this board who come on here just to help others out with hair questions rather than ask them..

And since a lot of you come on here for questions pertaining to your personalhair situation but cant post threads because you have under 50 posts then me and other members will be glad to answer any questions you have here..

regarding hair breakage...maintance, products etc that will help stop breakage

Ask away, I'll be more than glad to help.Tongue
Sponsored Links

liasparks1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liasparks1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:39pm

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH....I have been trying to ask questions in other post, but nobody seems to read mine....lol...but I wanted to know if you have used the pantene for women of color products....that's what i use, but i dont know if it's good for my hair....I go to college small town and dont have the resources to get the products that everyone is talking about until the semester is over....soooo i just really wanted to know if the pantene stuff is bad for my hair?....and any other suggestions that you may have for a newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liasparks1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 2:40pm

oh and if you want to see my hair as it is, here is the link to my Fotki   http://members.fotki.com/liasparks/about/

EnVyLoNgHaiR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnVyLoNgHaiR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 5:48pm
pretty hair
Esha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 9:29am
Originally posted by liasparks1107 liasparks1107 wrote:

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH....I have been trying to ask questions in other post, but nobody seems to read mine....lol...but I wanted to know if you have used the pantene for women of color products....that's what i use, but i dont know if it's good for my hair....I go to college small town and dont have the resources to get the products that everyone is talking about until the semester is over....soooo i just really wanted to know if the pantene stuff is bad for my hair?....and any other suggestions that you may have for a newbie

Well Pantene for women products have mineral oil and petroleum as some of the first ingredients so that's an automatic no no!
LuvMyHair201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvMyHair201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 7:03pm
LISAPARKS1107   If your hair is responding well to it and your not having problems then continue... thats what I think

ESHA you should start one of these in the Growth section
virgo_babe84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virgo_babe84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2008 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Esha Esha wrote:

I think I'm one of the few people on this board who come on here just to help others out with hair questions rather than ask them..

And since a lot of you come on here for questions pertaining to your personalhair situation but cant post threads because you have under 50 posts then me and other members will be glad to answer any questions you have here..

regarding hair breakage...maintance, products etc that will help stop breakage

Ask away, I'll be more than glad to help.Tongue

Esha I appreciate this so much! I have been caring for my hair since late august and since then it has been doing fairly well however I still experience some breakage. I deep condition every 5-7 days with Kera Care hydrating shampoo and Humecto cream conditioner (which my hair loves!) but I still see a bit of breakage even though I moisterize like crazy. I do use the 2 min reconstructor by Aphogee  but not too often because my hair cannot take too much protein otherwise it gets worse (I had to learn this the hard way). My question is, is it normal to see "some" breakage? I have extremely thick hair (4b) and it's almost impossible for me to have zero breakage! My hair has grown thouugh. I was chin length when I started but now I'm collar bone length grazing shoulder length. Please help!Embarrassed 

Edited by virgo_babe84 - Feb 20 2008 at 7:55pm
LuvMyHair201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuvMyHair201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 9:43am
Virgo babe84- What's your regimen? and products? It might be howw you manipulate your hair.
I still experience breakage but it's nothing I'm too worried about because it's about maybe 3 or 4 strands every few days because I DON'T have a low manipulation regimen. So I know those 3 or 4 strands are coming from when I comb or brush my hair or even play with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liasparks1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 11:57am
thank about the info on pantene...but what ingredients am i supposed to be looking for?
CloudNyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CloudNyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2008 at 10:46pm
My freshman year of college, I lived on a campus with little to no black people and limited resources. To save my hair, I wore braids and cornrows. I'd suggest the same to you so that you can save your hair from breaking even more. The longer you go without a touch-up, the more breakage you may see because of the different textures of your hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 99>
  Share Topic