BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

um.. would you pick cotton for $250/hr?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:41am
I'm just teasing you by the way Dior ..

I couldn't resist .. No offence meant

Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:45am
I done *&%^$#@Eed strange men before....I'd rather pick cotton.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:48am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

See that's why you got the 4s

Humble yourself guuuuurl!

LOL  yeah i know, but at least i can enjoy it now without being in so much pain....cause after the first day...all laid up in bed,probably call out the 2nd day...LOLLOL

nnaaawww i'm good Afro...u just make sure u get that long ass aisle of cotton to be picked in those 4 hours u want to work...get every nook and cranny...i'll meet you in my air-conditioned car cause i know for damn sure u won't be in any condition to drive home...
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:49am

I'm just teasing you by the way Dior ..

I couldn't resist .. No offence meant

LOL   none taken at all Afro...u cool peeps with me..Wink

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I done *&%^$#@Eed strange men before....I'd rather pick cotton.
how you take home?
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

ya'll can do this for 250.00 an hour???? have fun.

YES. Why not? It's not like after 9-5 you don't get to take your ass home. lol. Tomorrow's another day. If it's work, then it's WORK! not SLAVERY, where you stay their all damn day, with probably no lunch break and what not. 
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Slaves did more than pick cotton...
Some paved roads, worked as carpenters , breastfed.
Some were riverboat pilots, blacksmiths, office workers...

Some of them even did skilled labor you wouldn't do any of those jobs either?

I respect your stance but cotton picking as fair work isn't disgraceful

exactly!!!!!!!!! I can proudly say my ancestors never picked cotton lolololol . I live in the tropics i know the sun and the heat and the bugs, snakes meh. Once a dont see a flying cockroach I'm good.

Backbreaking work with that $250 i'll have the yoga/pilates lady from my gym at my house every night and the stretch girl. Im good. 

all these variables as to benefits etc car back charging phones etc (i actually hate visible and ringing phones in the work places- i know some businesses which do not allow that) Anyone who calls me- im at work getting paid call me back at 4/5pm. I prefer to assume benefits are good, bathroom facilities and all modern workplace practices are standard here. 

If mcdonald was paying me that money no happy meal could beat my face. 

I dont like the idea of shaming people for legal work. That shoe shining thread and the noses turned up attitude was so strange to me. Hell ill work at the golden arches for minimum wage. Minimum wage here is $20- $25 USD a day. For a maid's work that is clean wash sometimes cook. Those women come from families who have been maids since slavery days. And I must shame them for that? No eff that shame the ppl who enslaved us. 

Confused Not even. It's US$50 for a 40-hour work week. And I learned a couple weeks ago that about 60% of the population here earn near minimum wage. Cry
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Slaves did more than pick cotton...
Some paved roads, worked as carpenters , breastfed.
Some were riverboat pilots, blacksmiths, office workers...

Some of them even did skilled labor you wouldn't do any of those jobs either?

I respect your stance but cotton picking as fair work isn't disgraceful

exactly!!!!!!!!! I can proudly say my ancestors never picked cotton lolololol . I live in the tropics i know the sun and the heat and the bugs, snakes meh. Once a dont see a flying cockroach I'm good.

Backbreaking work with that $250 i'll have the yoga/pilates lady from my gym at my house every night and the stretch girl. Im good. 

all these variables as to benefits etc car back charging phones etc (i actually hate visible and ringing phones in the work places- i know some businesses which do not allow that) Anyone who calls me- im at work getting paid call me back at 4/5pm. I prefer to assume benefits are good, bathroom facilities and all modern workplace practices are standard here. 

If mcdonald was paying me that money no happy meal could beat my face. 

I dont like the idea of shaming people for legal work. That shoe shining thread and the noses turned up attitude was so strange to me. Hell ill work at the golden arches for minimum wage. Minimum wage here is $20- $25 USD a da<font size="4" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">y. For a maid's work that is clean wash sometimes cook. Those women come from families who have been maids since slavery days. And I must shame them for that? No eff that shame the ppl who enslaved us. 

Confused Not even. It's US$50 for a 40-hour work week. And I learned a couple weeks ago that about 60% of the population here earn near minimum wage. Cry

Can one of you explain how much it takes to feed a family of four per week in USD, more than just a basic meal ?

And .. for $250 yes i would, but like Afro i only want a 4 hr shift, preferably 11-3, i like to nap before picking Jellybean up from school.

Edited by Im_oh_so_hott - May 27 2014 at 9:02am
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:57am

250 an hour ..

Is that euros pound or dollar?

look at this dude right here? lolol

If that was euros, im doing 16 hour shifts! six days a week

Oh yes im gonna need gloves

ETA YG you are right im basing it on what i pay my helper and the fact that it was increased recently. i knew that ish longggg time, most of my ppl can't get by and havent been getting by for decades

Boy IOSH i dont even know. what helps is that the corner shop (not a brick and morter store) but say a single structure 1/4 -1/2 size of a food truck sells small quantities of basic goods (one baby diaper, 3 slices of bread, 1/4 pound of flour, some cornmeal, a gil of oil, a little salted flish, chicken back or neck) So one doesnt go grocery shopping but it's more let me see what the money i got today can buy today.

I have a coworker who doesnt compute the concept of a supermarket she heads to the market LMAO she goes why are you buying peas tomatos, onion at those prices? Whereas i was shellshocked that you can buy one single diaper, 1/4 tin of condensed milk and a few slices of bread

OK you were asking what a decent meal cost?- I spend $80-110 USD on groceries a week including heading to the butchers for meat. but i can spend $50 a week too. 

Edited by Diane (35) - May 27 2014 at 10:16am
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Diane, I need a trip to Jamaica.Shocked

When you coming? 

YardGirl search Qualified's avi and have a good laugh.

oooohh guys the minimum wage is for unskilled labourers (maids, gardeners) NOT the persons who work in the fast food industry. Interestingly security guards guarding million of dollars of property with their lives dont make very much more that is sometime i do not understand.

My electricity bill is exactly $125 this month they just text me. PHUCKERRRRSSSSSSSSSSSAngry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic