BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

um.. would you pick cotton for $250/hr?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I just pictured the part time scenario

"yeah I be out there part time, I got other big time sht going on though but yeah that was me you saw in the field getting my part time grind on "

Excuse me.
I been drinking
ClapBeer
Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:25pm
If cotton picking paid $250per hour the majority of us wouldn't be able to sign up for the job because the lines would be too long with others of all races looking for work. Unemployment isn't fun.

I'd do it, I got kids to feed, a mortgage to pay and school debt.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:36pm
In 2014 -Yes
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

If cotton picking paid $250per hour the majority of us wouldn't be able to sign up for the job because the lines would be too long with others of all races looking for work. Unemployment isn't fun.

I'd do it, I got kids to feed, a mortgage to pay and school debt.

I'd do it. Ain't got to explain to nobody why.
And who asked this question? A hiring manager?
 Ain't nobody paying nobody to pick cotton for $250/hr. 
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:24pm
 Yes i would and not even blink. that is employment. I''d be able to buy 2 homes in my neighbourhood one one years salary. I wont even tell y'all how many hours would equal my pay cheque. Thats 27, 500 JMD an hour (2 months light bill in an hour, 5 1/2 bags of dog food, ! Massi i'd be uncle Scrooge rich out here. $40, 000 USD a month could buy a tiny starter home (with a small mortgage). I could get a camry for that or an SUV. The top lawyers in Jamaica charged $500-$750 USD an hour during a big commissioner of inquiry. 

Bumbohole!!!! i would be at each investment house with my USD first thing after payday

Pass my wide brimmed hat, and sunscreen and loose linen clothes.

We grew sugar cane while y'all mainly grew cotton. There is no shame in cutting sugar cane in Jamaica. NO one looks on it like, damn you doing that slavery work in modern times as if we haven't progressed. Nope not at all. 
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:26pm
hell no. idgaf about the pay.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:40pm

Slaves did more than pick cotton...
Some paved roads, worked as carpenters , breastfed.
Some were riverboat pilots, blacksmiths, office workers...

Some of them even did skilled labor you wouldn't do any of those jobs either?

I respect your stance but cotton picking as fair work isn't disgraceful

exactly!!!!!!!!! I can proudly say my ancestors never picked cotton lolololol . I live in the tropics i know the sun and the heat and the bugs, snakes meh. Once a dont see a flying cockroach I'm good.

Backbreaking work with that $250 i'll have the yoga/pilates lady from my gym at my house every night and the stretch girl. Im good. 

all these variables as to benefits etc car back charging phones etc (i actually hate visible and ringing phones in the work places- i know some businesses which do not allow that) Anyone who calls me- im at work getting paid call me back at 4/5pm. I prefer to assume benefits are good, bathroom facilities and all modern workplace practices are standard here. 

If mcdonald was paying me that money no happy meal could beat my face. 

I dont like the idea of shaming people for legal work. That shoe shining thread and the noses turned up attitude was so strange to me. Hell ill work at the golden arches for minimum wage. Minimum wage here is $20- $25 USD a day. For a maid's work that is clean wash sometimes cook. Those women come from families who have been maids since slavery days. And I must shame them for that? No eff that shame the ppl who enslaved us. 

Edited by Diane (35) - May 26 2014 at 10:57pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:43pm
If the pay for cotton picking ever was that high, our economy must truly be f*cked.
The dollar must not have any value at all.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

hell no. idgaf about the pay.

care to explain?
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Slaves did more than pick cotton...
Some paved roads, worked as carpenters , breastfed.
Some were riverboat pilots, blacksmiths, office workers...

Some of them even did skilled labor you wouldn't do any of those jobs either?

I respect your stance but cotton picking as fair work isn't disgraceful

exactly!!!!!!!!! I can proudly say my ancestors never picked cotton lolololol . I live in the tropics i know the sun and the heat and the bugs, snakes meh. Once a dont see a flying cock roach good.

Backbreaking work witht hat $250 i'll have the yoga/pilates lady from my gym at my house every night and the stretch girl. Im good. 

all these variables as to benefits etc car back charging phones etc (i actually have visible and rinign phones int he work places- i know some businesses who do not allow that) Anyone who calls im at work getting paid call me back at 4/5. I prefer to assume benefits are good, bathroom facilities and all modern workplace practices are standard here. 

If mcdonald was paying me that money no happy meal could beat my face. 

I dont like the idea of shaming people for legal work. That shoe shining thread and the noses turned up attitude was so strange to me. Hell ill work at the golden arches for minimum wage. Minimum wage here is $20- $25 USD a day. For a maid's work that is clean cook sometimes wash. Those women come from families who have been maids since slavery days. And I must shame them for that? No eff that shame the ppl who enslaved us. 
Gyal wut?! lol We got poor dumb-asses here fighting against raising minimum wage past $7.15/hour USD.DeadLOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
  Share Topic