BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

um.. would you pick cotton for $250/hr?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:14pm
oh Jones, you arent talking to me lol 

Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:16pm
I can see why anyone would be opposed to doing it though...

But as long as I'm getting that wage, benefits and rights I'll be there by CC
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

ya'll be out in that hot ass sun all day long, coming across bugs, probably snakes...for 250.00 an hour there have better be some up to date facilities for you to go to( bathrooms) charging your cellphones, places to park your car, places to change your work clothes/showers etc...

that is all i am saying...and when ur out there picking that cotton i do hope u r thinking of how our ancestors did this for so many years and not getting paid at all or maybe minute pay...do wonder how long some of ya'll would actually last picking cotton in that hot ass weather...bending over, plant by plant, back aching, etc...

Just got a chance to read this...

Made me spit out my mouth full of water

Wink
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

But it sounds like you're opposed to picking cotton because it was the labor of slaves and the connotations of slave type work so I added other jobs slaves did.

Maybe

I see your point.

To me it's too stereotypical, even on Halloween.

The wage will never be enough for me to go there.

My freedom has already been paid for.

$250/hr is not enough for that particular job.

Thank you, but NO, I would not pick cotton for $250/hr.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:05pm
Most of us in this thread work for the "white man" it's new age slavery. So yes, for almost a half of million dollars a year(with those tax breaks that the wealthy get), I'd pick cotton in the hot ass sun. I know people that work just as hard and only make 10-12/hr. I might even shuck and jive, sh*t ninjas out here coonin for free. #judgeme but I be giving back to the community.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:10pm
I'd do it as a part-time gig. I feel like id have a piece of my pride still intact if I only picked it part time. 
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:11pm
I can't do outside work florida is too damn sunny

But I would do damn near anything for 250/hr full time...inside
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:11pm
I just pictured the part time scenario

"yeah I be out there part time, I got other big time sht going on though but yeah that was me you saw in the field getting my part time grind on "

Excuse me.
I been drinking
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Most of us in this thread work for the "white man" it's new age slavery. So yes, for almost a half of million dollars a year(with those tax breaks that the wealthy get), I'd pick cotton in the hot ass sun. I know people that work just as hard and only make 10-12/hr. I might even shuck and jive, sh*t ninjas out here coonin for free. #judgeme but I be giving back to the community.

good for you and i hope however long u last at this 250.00 an hour to pick cotton u get to enjoy spending that money mostly on medical bills cause your back/health will be in poor condition...cause after the first day picking cotton......

i will be on standby sitting in the shade with my cooling mist fan and wait til u come by my stand and i will BENGAY you down girl...for a fee of course out of that 250.00 an hour picking cotton thoughWink
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

the ones on here who r saying yes..

1)  under the table pay

2.) benefits

3.) how much taxes is taken out if not being paid under the table

4.) breaks, lunch, dinner or whathaveyou

5.) who r the bosses? white guy on a horse with a whipConfused
5A.) Living conditions???

6.) need more solid answers....remember this is way down south where u could mysteriously disappear...

Picking cotton looks like back-breaking work. Who gon' pay my medical bills?? LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic