Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

um.. would you pick cotton for $250/hr?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 4:33pm
if the pay to pick would be 250/hr, that would mean the sell price for cotton would be exponentially higher

high enough for them to find new slaves

Sponsored Links

Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 4:35pm
Not ever

jr.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 4:37pm
sure would.  and do i get over time and time and half on sundays?LOL
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 4:40pm
Do they really pay this much money?

Why ?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:02pm
theres nothing wrong with honest pay for honest work

Nothing wrong with picking cotton, the problem was with our treatment and payment

Let's ask some questions of the people that profited from slavery? Would they free slaves? Pay them fairly? Not use subversive tactics against the people you kidnapped? Do what you can to preserve their culture? Would they pick cotton? 

There a lot of questions to ask before I consider what's being asked with the "would I pick cotton" question

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:10pm
probably not
(disclaimer:unless I needed the money to buy mom or me an organ or something like that)
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Nothing wrong with picking cotton, the problem was with our treatment and payment

Let's ask some questions of the people that profited from slavery? Would they free slaves? Pay them fairly? Not use subversive tactics against the people you kidnapped? Do what you can to preserve their culture? Would they pick cotton? 

There a lot of questions to ask before I consider what's being asked with the "would I pick cotton" question

wait, I'd pick if I could get Ricky to represent me (draw up my contract)
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:13pm
the ones on here who r saying yes..

1)  under the table pay

2.) benefits

3.) how much taxes is taken out if not being paid under the table

4.) breaks, lunch, dinner or whathaveyou

5.) who r the bosses? white guy on a horse with a whipConfused
5A.) Living conditions???

6.) need more solid answers....remember this is way down south where u could mysteriously disappear...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

wait, I'd pick if I could get Ricky to represent me (draw up my contract)
This.LOL
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:15pm
Yes. Hell, I'm getting paid for it. And getting paid $250 an hour at that. It'd be different if I was being asked to pick it just for the hell of it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic