FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ultrahold Tape?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultrahold Tape?
    Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:54am
Hi everyone, I might be on the late train for this tape, but has anyone tried http://www.hairdirect.com/store/ultrahold-tape-a-contour.aspx? If so, how do you like it?
Sponsored Links

Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 7:18pm
I have extremely sensative skin and it does not irritate me it also comes off easily.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 1:00am
Thanks for the input LL.  I ordered a pack, crossing fingers to see how it goes.  I've been using the blue liner (lace front support tape) for awhile, but saw the UH tape and was curious about it.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 4:28am
Ulra hold works great! It will not leave any residue on your skin or your lace. :)

Edited by Printer_Ink - Dec 30 2013 at 4:29am
nanaly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 5:24pm
Does it lay as flat as Supertape low profile? because i really need to break up with this tape, as flat as it lays on my head it's a pain to clean up sometime, but worst : it leaves a visible shiny line on the edge of the lace, some people doesn't even look at me in the eyes Unhappy
Jasmine922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasmine922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 5:43pm
I purchased the Ulta Hold tape earlier this year. It's VERY similar to to super tape and it's very thin. It's not bad but I wouldn't buy it again. I prefer the Walker No Shine because its not so flimsy, but if you like Super Tape, you'll probably like Ultra Hold Tape.

Nanaly, can't you blend pressed powder over the part to help combat the shininess? That usually will help.
nanaly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:09pm
I do that, but it only last for about an hour... Cry and I can't put too much powder or people will see my hallo hallo hallo!!
I might try the walker no shine!!
Sorry for the thread-jacking!!Embarrassed

Edited by nanaly - Dec 30 2013 at 8:12pm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Ulra hold works great! It will not leave any residue on your skin or your lace. :)

Sounds like my kind of tape :). 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by nanaly nanaly wrote:

Does it lay as flat as Supertape low profile? because i really need to break up with this tape, as flat as it lays on my head it's a pain to clean up sometime, but worst : it leaves a visible shiny line on the edge of the lace, some people doesn't even look at me in the eyes Unhappy

I haved used Supertape low profile and the others .. low profile is thinner ... but for the way I wear my hair .. it doesn't even matter if I wear the low profile or the regular profile.

Now for the residue ... umm it is very rare that a bit of the adhesive from the tape stays on the lace for me. I spray some C22 around my perimeter ... let it sit ... then gently pull up the lace and it usually all comes up together.

For the visable shiny line ... I set the tape off back a bit (maybe a mm) from the actually edge of the lace .. that way the edge of the tape can never show around my edges.

But I always apply a little bit of liquid adhesive around the hairline so that the short babyhairs can lay down in this a bit so if the wind blows ... you see the short curlies instead of 'nothing' - like no hair because that looks a bit odd to me.
nanaly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 3:08pm
I put a thin layer of ghost bond too, I definitely need to put the tape a little bit backward...
Thanks for the advices Printer_ink! Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic