Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ultimate Roman Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 29>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shortie.britt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortie.britt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 6:52pm
Im planning on getting perucvian straight and I know peruvian tends to be very silky and flat looking but as i said I also dont want it to look too flat just right. LOL do you still recommend that density?
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by shortie.britt shortie.britt wrote:

I want to purchase a closure from roman. This will be my first ever closure. I dont want it to look bulky but more so flat and laid. Can you ladies plz recommend what density i should aso for im really not sure. I just really want natural. I find when its bulky it really takes away from the natural look. Any info is greatly appreciated!
What texture are you getting?  I'd go with 80-90%.
Sponsored Links

kgreen6110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgreen6110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:26am
Imo closures don't come bulky. they're flat as is, but you have to have a good braid pattern for the placement of your closure to look flat. Also find out how to work with a closure. It's not a lot of maintenance, you just have to figure out how to work with it. I've tried elastic band, sewing it down, gluing the front down too...I like it better with the band but I also just like it sewn down on the sides and tieing it down in the front with a scarf at night and when I remove it, I bump the hairs in the front so it can come forward and still look flat. 80-90% is good density for a closure. That's what I'm getting from him too. I just hope my knots aren't fkd off as usual cause to me their bleaching technique isn't that great...It's like they just bleach and send it to you. lol still a great closure though
DIVA007 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIVA007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Tokyocereza Tokyocereza wrote:

I loved my deep wave from roman and as much as I miss it, I'm afraid to order from him again. 4 months in and my closure had bald spots and my hair was tangling. I finally had to just throw it away. *tear* It was lovely while it lasted though. I was hoping it would last me until summer. I have his kinky straight as well but I like curlier textures. It tangles a little at the nape but I only wear it from time to time.

This has happened with every closure I've ordered from Roman. Its one of the best in terms of construction but his hair is garbage. I'm thinking of sending him hair or trying another vendor.
NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 10:11am

I loved my deep wave from roman and as much as I miss it, I'm afraid to order from him again. 4 months in and my closure had bald spots and my hair was tangling. I finally had to just throw it away. *tear* It was lovely while it lasted though. I was hoping it would last me until summer. I have his kinky straight as well but I like curlier textures. It tangles a little at the nape but I only wear it from time to time.
I have a deep wave u-part from him.  I should rock that again for a while.  It only tangled when it needed to be washed and conditioned. 

do you have any pics of his deep wave please? How is it holding up ? I am considering buying some from him and it would be my first time buying from him !
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by NemaBee NemaBee wrote:

I have a deep wave u-part from him.  I should rock that again for a while.  It only tangled when it needed to be washed and conditioned. 

do you have any pics of his deep wave please? How is it holding up ? I am considering buying some from him and it would be my first time buying from him !
I haven't worn mine in a while.  I put highlights in my hair so I plan on coloring the deep wave to match.  Here are some pics from the first day I wore it.

The length is 10, 12, 14 color 1b
Dolce305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolce305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 12:36pm

I haven't worn mine in a while.  I put highlights in my hair so I plan on coloring the deep wave to match.  Here are some pics from the first day I wore it.

@naturalchick that hair is nice!
NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:06am

Thank u soo much !! it is EXACTLY the look I was going for !! What hair origin is it ? I was going for something with low luster and he told me that his brazilian was.... is that true ? lool
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:45pm
I think its malaysian.  That is all I ever get from him.  I haven't tried brazilian but the malaysian isn't shiny at all.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 12:48pm
Has anyone ordered from him recently?  I emailed him for a 20 inch deep wave upart and told him I would pay in a week.  2 days later he emailed me asking me when I planned on paying lol.  I thought that was strange...
DSTruction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DSTruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 1:07pm
Ive spoken to him the past few days and he got snappy with me.

Ive been ordering with him for years.. even back in his alibaba days lol ... and he had the nerve to get snappy with me.

Im not ordering from him anymore... but now im desperate to find reliable  italian yaki or kinky straight wefts..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 29>
  Share Topic