Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ultimate Jay/Bey/Blue/Plus Their Other Kids Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Ultimate Jay/Bey/Blue/Plus Their Other Kids Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 414>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 49 Votes, Average 2.47  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 12:21pm
iguana is like a common lizard

maybe people think of it like racoon fur

ionnno
Sponsored Links

laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Bey's reaction when told her performance shut off the lightsLOL

I knew that was AJ saying that before I even seen him, always kissing azz Dead
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by madame pink madame pink wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Speak to the designer about copying. That is not the first nor the last costume with that silhouette. Fashion nowadays are reminiscent of  previous generations.

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/4879/20130204/beyoncé-super-bowl-halftime-bodysuit-rubin-singer-designer-fashion.htm

Beyonce's costume, as well as those of her Destiny Child band members and all 120 backup dancers on stage, were creations of New York-based designer Rubin Singer.

Singer described Beyoncé's bodysuit, which was was made from python, iguana, lamb leather, and Chantilly lace, as "representative of what I do."

"The black motorcycle jacket with asymmetrical collar was all about construction; the skirt was draped, and it was very intrinsic to the draping I do–layered and multidimensional; and then the paneling and use of exotic skins and leather on the bodysuit," the third-generation couturier from Russia explained.

“We had to make the body suit have a tremendous range of motion and flexibility,” he said.
"Beyoncé is such a fierce and intense performer we could not have the outfit constrict her in any way.”

i laughed

Why? I don't know anything about iguana however I have seen items made of lamb leather and I have a pair of shoes made with python leather.
Yeah, I have lamb leather gloves and a lamb leather jacket, soft as hell. I love snakeskin shoes and bags Heart
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Speak to the designer about copying. That is not the first nor the last costume with that silhouette. Fashion nowadays are reminiscent of  previous generations.

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/4879/20130204/beyoncé-super-bowl-halftime-bodysuit-rubin-singer-designer-fashion.htm

Beyonce's costume, as well as those of her Destiny Child band members and all 120 backup dancers on stage, were creations of New York-based designer Rubin Singer.

Singer described Beyoncé's bodysuit, which was was made from python, iguana, lamb leather, and Chantilly lace, as "representative of what I do."

"The black motorcycle jacket with asymmetrical collar was all about construction; the skirt was draped, and it was very intrinsic to the draping I do–layered and multidimensional; and then the paneling and use of exotic skins and leather on the bodysuit," the third-generation couturier from Russia explained.

“We had to make the body suit have a tremendous range of motion and flexibility,” he said.
"Beyoncé is such a fierce and intense performer we could not have the outfit constrict her in any way.”

i laughed

Why? I don't know anything about iguana however I have seen items made of lamb leather and I have a pair of shoes made with python leather.
Yeah, I have lamb leather gloves and a lamb leather jacket, soft as hell. I love snakeskin shoes and bags Heart

LOL, the lamb didn't surprise me, but the python and especially iguana did. I'd never heard of it.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:42pm
^oh they make a lot of python products.  i used to love snakeskin shoes until i realize they eventually just dry out.  lizard is easier to upkeep.  i kinda like exotics though. in some countries--like Nigeria and countries in Asia--products made from snake and lizard etc. are actually not very expensive.
madame pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:51pm
With proper care they won't. Just have to be sure to condition them w/snakeskin conditioner.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:55pm

With proper care they won't. Just have to be sure to condition them w/snakeskin conditioner.

I believe that some skins will eventually dry even w/care and conditioning.  Just like some skins eventually yellow no matter how they're stored
madame pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:01pm
I have a pair of pythons that have been doing well so far and its been some years. I just condition and when dry store away from sunlight. Will see how they keep since my niece has claimed them already and she is only 9. She thinks she will get them when she is 18..I am am pushing for 21. 
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:15pm
Learn something new everyday on BHM. I'm not a shoe person, but I've seen some Prada's or something that were called snakeskin. I always assumed most of those prints were just looks/replicas (except of course for the really high ends)

While we are here,
My mom needs help on how to clean the handles of Louis Vuitton Monograms. I've gotten no info on LVs website and purse forums say just use a warm cloth, but that hasn't helped. I wear the dark Damier so I've never had this problem) [will post in fashion thread too] 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:19pm

Learn something new everyday on BHM. I'm not a shoe person, but I've seen some Prada's or something that were called snakeskin. I always assumed most of those prints were just looks/replicas (except of course for the really high ends)

While we are here,
My mom needs help on how to clean the handles of Louis Vuitton Monograms. I've gotten no info on LVs website and purse forums say just use a warm cloth, but that hasn't helped. I wear the dark Damier so I've never had this problem) [will post in fashion thread too] 

if it says embossed then it is fake snake.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 414>
  Share Topic