Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
divine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate Favourite Foundation...ever
    Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 9:31am
Have you found yours??

Post it here!!!

Also, if you can remember, post the ones you've used too!

What made you decide that this was "the one"?

I'm asking because I am still looking for the perfect one!

I have tried (in no particular order):
MAC Studio Stick (cant remember what was wrong with it, may end up going back to it)
MAC Studio Fix (right shade but looked "white-ish)
MAC Studio Tech (I think...ages ago, may go back to and try again)
Bobbi Brown Oil Free Foundation: (gorgeous but a too red so had to mix with moisturiser, and no pump!)
Iman Liquid Foundation (just didn't like it....)
YSL Creme de Teint..( just no!)
L'Oreal True Match: looked ashy/green in a picture that put me right off....but I loved this for ages!
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse: looks orange-y on me, and I don't like the mousse texture at all!
Mary Kay Medium Coverage: blending was an issue and I was given the wrong shade but may repurchase
Milani....came from the shop and put it straight in the bin!
Paula Dorf: colour and texture did not suit me!

I am currently using Sleek Creme to Powder, which is lovely but sometimes the shade looks off and way too caked on, even with just a little bit.

If I don't need too much coverage, I just use sheer powder then buff MAC MSF natural in Deep Dark.

Next on my list:
Prescriptives: either off the shelf or custom if nothing fits
MUFE
MAC: to try out Studio Stick and Studio Tech again

For reference, I am MAC NW45

eta: many more which I keep remembering!

Edited by divine - Jan 24 2008 at 1:56pm
Sponsored Links

divine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 2:03pm
BUMPING COS I NEED REPLIES!!!!!!!
Rain27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 7:55pm
I've used :
Maybelline foundations but was never able to find a good shade for me
Mac- studio tech NC50- liked it but over time it broke me out
Mac- Mineralize SkinFinish /Natural Dark- recently bought, but i'm not to sure if i like it
BECCA- compact concealer-  i think it was Fudge, but i can't remember. .didn't like it.. it was very heavy and greasy

Now is use Skin by Allison Raffaele products. .

TRUE CONCEALER #7 and #6- it's full coverage but very light and non-greasy, it's more creamy.

TINTED MOISTURIZER Dark- It isn't too shear, and it's buildable

MINERAL POWDER #7- loose powder foundation, it can be used alone if you moisturize well first so it won't look dull, but it has pretty good coverage, it even blurs my acne scars

I love these products, but they don't have many shades so i guess i was lucky that my skin tone matches. .

These are my favorite products because the coverage is great yet it doesn't feel heavy or greasy, they don't break me out..i still buy and try other foundations and concealers, but i never have to worry with these.. , and my skin is far from perfect..and it looks great in pictures never ashy...and it usually looks better throughout the day instead of worst

I also use..

MAKE UP FOR EVER- 5 camouflage Cream Palette #4. .Easy to blend to find the perfect shade and it lasts all day for me. .i use it as concealer and foundation

Edited by Rain27 - Jan 23 2008 at 8:02pm
zsazsa216 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 7:58pm

Since I began wearing foundation when I was 13, I've been through some brands....some good, and ALOT of BAD!!  In the 80's ethnic friendly colors were difficult to come byUnhappy

I recall I began wearing Cover Girl-don't remember the shadeThumbs%20Down

Coty-Something I can't remember!! Must have been really bad since I can't remember, I only recall my Dad took me to JCPenney's to get it.

Flori Roberts Cream-don't remember shadeThumbs%20Down

Fashion Fair Cream- I think Honey Glo-I wore that for many years, good for that moment, rubbed off on everything!! I recall it had a heavy perfume smellPinch

Mary Kay Cream-had to mix 2 colors to get the right shade some Tan-didn't like it, so I only wore it a short timeCensored

Aveda Liquid- Clove.  Wore that for many years as well. Great color mathc and coverage.  I worked at a salon that carried the line, so I got it at costThumbs%20Up

MAC Studio Tech Cream- NC42.  Still use this. Great match, wears well, and coverageThumbs%20Up

Milani Cream- Sand.  Still use. I like How well it matches my skin color, very similar to MACClap

Revlon Color Stay Liquid- Toast.  My usual daily foundation.  Love the coverage, wear, and match to my skin colorApprove

Edited by zsazsa216 - Jan 23 2008 at 8:01pm
yellow08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 8:13pm
No, I haven't found my favorite yet...
Pearglace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 9:26pm
I have been wearing foundation for years... back in the day they use to sell Honey and Spice... the bomb.
Then I invested in Fashion Fair brown blaze glo, then the lady says winter one color summer another.... whatever..
then in 2000 I found Posner, cheap, but I have been wearing it since then probably will wear til they dont sell anymore, my face is flawless, people think I dont have on make up because I only wear foundation and lipgloss.. but today I bought Milani (spiced almond) love it, think its gonna be my back up .....
BkGurl37 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 10:31pm
I use the Bobbi Brown Oil free foundation and I love it. It looks flawless everytime and never caky. I don't have to worry about looking "done", I just look fabulous!!! lol
karikark View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2008 at 10:49pm
Clinique perfectly real!!! it's exactly what it says it is and comes in gold undertone, neutral or pink.. whatever suits you, it's light weight and blends well!! my hands down fave... comes in all shades
madame pink View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 4:47am
My favorite is MUFE. Pricey but oh so worth it. I have tried various Mac foundations, CoverGirl, Posner, Maybelline..probaly more. Hands down my fave is the MUFE. It mattifies pretty well and the coverage is really good. The shades are a great match as well.
yellow08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by madame pink madame pink wrote:

My favorite is MUFE. Pricey but oh so worth it. I have tried various Mac foundations, CoverGirl, Posner, Maybelline..probaly more. Hands down my fave is the MUFE. It mattifies pretty well and the coverage is really good. The shades are a great match as well.

Does it go on light? What kind of coverage does it provide (I don't like a full coverage)

I have been wanting to try but everytime I go into Sephora the shade I think matches me best is gone!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic