Bajan Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 1:38pm
They sell Modu at goldenmart beauty supply.com
Sponsored Links

Bajan Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 1:51pm
Here go my pics (click to enlarge)

Sensationel HZ8001

Outre Claudette (my favorite, little shedding and there are baby hairs at the nape, you can put it in a low ponytail)

Outre Porcsha

Edited by Bajan Beauty - Mar 15 2007 at 7:35am
Shannon920 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 3:28pm
I own a straight one, that actually looks really good! (Outre Quick Weave- Arista) I ran into my old hair stylist with it on and she was like WOW!  Your hair grew! LOL 

I'm just trying to figure out how to get it to stay on my head!  They day I chose to wear it, it was rainy and windy as all get out! LOL  It didn't fly off, frizz or knot up though. 
Chief View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 4:06pm

I am glad you ladies are discussing this topic.  I presume that the "falls" that Burberry is referring to are half wigs.  I purchased my first half-wig today.  I bought a Model Model Glance brand wig at my local BSS and I really like it.  This is the one I am wearing...

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/LargerImage.php?id=334

I just took out my sew-in and am about 18 weeks post relaxer.  I am going to wait a couple of weeks before getting a touch-up so I was looking for a hairstyle to manage with 2+ inches of new growth.  I wore a pony tail for a couple of days but it wasn't the cutest hairstyle.  This half-wig is a perfect alternative and I think I may already be hooked.  The wig is too cute and gives me that "Oprah" look that I was going for.
Chief View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by TiraGyrl TiraGyrl wrote:

Burberry, the one in my avatar is by Modu....they make great ones. I think the model number is TM-133, it's synthetic.  It's long with really pretty curls, I can't find it online though. Be sure to see if your BSS carries them. They're straight ones and human are nice too.

TiraGirl, you seem to be a connoisseur of the half wig. Star Do you have to do any maintenace to the wigs to keep them looking fresh?  
naijasbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 5:07pm
You ladies are great. I have natural hair but pressed so I think yaki texture goes better with my hair. I really want to try these Half wigs/falls. I unfortunately, do not know how to choose but below are the three I am interested in:

What do you guys think? Also they say things like "1b" etc. All I know is that I want dark hair (not jet black but dark) so what color code is that?

Thanks ladies
Chief View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by naijasbeauty naijasbeauty wrote:

You ladies are great. I have natural hair but pressed so I think yaki texture goes better with my hair. I really want to try these Half wigs/falls. I unfortunately, do not know how to choose but below are the three I am interested in:

What do you guys think? Also they say things like "1b" etc. All I know is that I want dark hair (not jet black but dark) so what color code is that?

Thanks ladies

All of those wigs are really cute.  With a half-wig you will leave a bit of your natural hair out so you wig color should blend with your own hair color.  A 1B is a dark brown.  If you go to a BSS they should have a color swatch and be able to tell you exactly what your hair color is.
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 5:17pm
@ Chief....I try to preserve the wigs, but I only get about 2-3 weeks with the synthetic. The straight ones last a little longer. I keep them all in a bag (one of those sweater storage bags from the dollar store...) then I spray a wig sheen spray inside of the bag, and store them. If they frizz a little, I cut it off but if it gets too bad I just toss it. They are usually only 20 bucks, so it's not a big deal.  If I was going to the beauty shop every 2 weeks like back in the day, I'd be spending $50 or more every 2 weeks, so I'm still coming out on top.

@ naijah....if you want dark, but not jet black, you might wanna look at either a 1b (which is black) or a 2 (dark brown)...1 is jet black. The second link you posted is the Twila, I have that one, but I don't wear it much because it doesn't really have a lot of shape. I might cut it some this weekend.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 5:24pm
Thanks ladies. My hair color is exactly like the this one:

So based on Tira's advice, I am thinking that is a 1b.  I am so excited.

Oh Tira, so will you recommend I forgo the Twila then?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 5:29pm
One more thing sorry for being neurotic but is there really a diff bet the synthetic and human. I always wear human hair (for braids and weave) but I am now wondering if I need to waste the money on HH if synthetic can do the same.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic