Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUgh...The Things People Eat!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Hair ViVi

Author
LiberianQueen83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:15pm
I've had huitlacoche (corn fungus) before.....actually at a restaurant here in DC.  Its not completley nasty but its not a taste I'd care to experience again.  I can't even beging to explain it...its not rancid like you'd imagine...its just....not good, lol. Very sharp/acrid  tasting and musky like he described, almost earthy.

I haven't had the soybeans but i have had stinky tofu which many asians eat.  Basically fermented tofu.  Words cannot describe the nastiness...its more the smell than the actual taste/texture. Just wrong.

Its funny how these things look so alien to us yet we eat rancid cow milk cultured with bacteria (cheese) and fungus (mushrooms) all the time.  Well, I do at least LOL

Edited by LiberianQueen83 - May 04 2009 at 2:16pm
Sponsored Links

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:16pm
you need your ass beat for this.
how about this. we switch numbers and everytime i call myself about to eat something I have no business, I can text you and you can fwd me one of these nasty ass pics and it will spoil my appetite.
Miss Vida View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:16pm
Yuuuuuuckums!!!
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by hipsterdryad hipsterdryad wrote:

CLC.

Are you on cracked.com again?

nurp Tongue

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Chyna_Li Chyna_Li wrote:

you need your ass beat for this.
how about this. we switch numbers and everytime i call myself about to eat something I have no business, I can text you and you can fwd me one of these nasty ass pics and it will spoil my appetite.

no, cuz then you'll do the same for me, and Ill be damned if I pay good money for some good food for u to fek it up Tongue

Edited by CLCNY20 - May 04 2009 at 2:18pm
LiberianQueen83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:22pm
another (approriate) term for huitlacoche: corn smut LOL, thanks wikipedia...
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:23pm

Steve, Don't Eat it! Vol. 3

Beggin' Strips

Beggin' Strips are bacon-shaped, bacon-flavored treats for dogs. In the commercial a dog runs around the house like a maniac shouting BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON, BACON! It's weird, because I do the exact same thing.

Beggin' Strips slogan is "Dogs don't know it's not bacon!" Newsflash: Dogs are retarded. Mine used to eat his own vomit, and wag his tail while he did it. I'll be the one to decide if this stuff tastes like bacon or not.

I know these snacks aren't made for human consumption, but while I was in the store the ingredients list looked pretty tame so I wasn't too concerned. Somehow I had missed one extremely dubious word sitting there all by itself. "MEAT". That's all it says... meat.

Meat is a pretty large umbrella. Beef is meat. Pork is meat. Horses, monkeys, and allegedly Arby's roast beef are meat. Even Rosie O'Donnell's ball sack is meat. Okay, maybe I've gone too far. I have no idea what that is they are serving at Arby's, but you get my point.

Alas, there is no turning back now. Despite the fact that I am a grown man with children, I'm off to go eat dog food. And what better way to have Beggin' Strips than in a Beggin', Lettuce, and Tomato Sammich!

I'm back. And I'm sad to report that I did not run around the house yelling "Bacon!" I did, however, run around the house yelling "Call 911!"

GodDAMN these are foul. Don't try this at home. I'm not sure it's safe, and I am sure your tongue may kill itself.

While they were a little too artificially colored red to pass for real bacon, I was pleased to see they were not all the same shape. Similar to slices of real bacon, they each have their own curvy and shriveled identity. (Just like my aunts and uncles.)

And somehow these Beggin' Strips also managed to smell just like bacon. Oopsie. Typo. I meant to say "the smoky puke of a thousand maniacs."

To put it simply, this is the devil's bacon. Even a healthy dose of bread, mayo, lettuce and tomato couldn't come close to masking the evil. The bitter nastiness literally got worse with every chew, and I was overcome by the urge to go in the backyard and eat grass until it was all out of me.

The following is a message to all dogs who read The Sneeze: First, sit. Sit! Good boy. Now listen to me. Beggin' Strips do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT TASTE LIKE BACON. You are all being played for chumps! Alright, now give me your paw. Okay, roll over! Good boy! Now go take a steamy dump in your master's shoe. Go on! Get!

In closing, the only silver lining to this dark dark cloud is I have figured out why so many dogs lick their own assholes. They are trying to kill the taste of Beggin' Strips. (By the way, it doesn't work.)

(All Steve, Don't Eat It's can be found here.)

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:27pm
what kills me is that he actually made a sandwich out of it, complete with fancy toothpick and everything

RunninRabbit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:28pm
lmao when i was in japan i was presented with this dish and had the Stern%20Smile face. wheres a do not want gif when you need it in real life?
JayeBaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:28pm
I've had natto before. It tastes like hate.
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic