FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

U part wig help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U part wig help
    Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 2:01am
I have a simple yes or no question and Im hoping SOMEBODY can have mercy on me and answer it.....can I take a FULL LACE WIG and cut it into a U-PART WIG? without tearning it up?

please and thank you in advance
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 2:32am
I don't know. I wish I could help. I don't see how you could though, but have you tried applying it behind the hairline? You can also custom order a u-part lace wig.
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 3:54am
yes you can
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:54am
I thought I remembered reading a thread where someone has created a u-part out of a lace wig, and reinforced the edges by sewing around the border with clear thread.  I wonder if buying some PU material to sew around the border would work?
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 12:01pm
Maybe add ribbon instead of the PU.  You can buy the pre-made ribbon from a fabric store.
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 1:38am
I havent found a thread on lace u part wigs. I was thinking I could just cut the "U" section and maybe it wouldnt tear up. or maybe if I reinforce the edges with some frey stop....what yall think?
babycakebabe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 10:12am
Yes it can be cut into whatever you want, but be heavy on the fray block & weft sealant.
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 5:12pm
I was looking at the website that Syleena Johnson has on her collection of U part wigs. she wears them in the show "R&B Divas" the website is renownhair. I liked the full lace u part she has but to get the hair texture I want(relaxed straight) and the length(14inch) its going to cost about $500! I looked at the regular cap wigs on the site and i am not sure if i like the wefted cap construction. i cant ind any sites or companies that have a full lace U part wig with a kinky straight or relaxed texture hair..
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 11:16am
OP, there are CVs who will make a custom U-part wig for you.  Roman comes to mind, for example.  
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 12:47pm
I ordered from the syleena Johnson collection from the clearance section. the wig was nice but it was too big, I guess I have an extra small head especially when I braid it into a beehive so I can braid down the u-part wig. I shouldave ordered custom so i wouldnt have had to cut the wig up so much. I dont have Roman's contact info to order from him. I want to order another one to my specifications.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic