Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Tyra too old to be an angel???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:58pm
lol I don't know why she is surprised...That industry only wants new and fresh faces. Not old washed up models.
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:29pm
the main thing is that VS televised fashion show has a certain target market and they use a certain type of model to appeal to that target market. Tyra with her Harvard MBA and a lifetime of modeling experience & tv production knows this so that is why I dont think that she would have even requested to be in the show.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:32pm
She's trying to expand her brand, not their's.

Black w to black w, I'm with her.

As an Admirer of models, models unfortunately have expiration dates. It's just how it is. Her career has been spotless and larger than any of the current models can aspire to have. She's a trailblazer. This is not a loss for her.

Edited by creole booty - May 06 2014 at 10:34pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Unfortunately Naomi's black has cracked this week...who says that? I swear I have tears! Wheeew!

i dont know how to post IG pix but:
http://instagram.com/p/nrOu55oG2Q/
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 10:36pm
Full frontal for evidence of crackle.........
Meme0887 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meme0887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:03pm
Was her leather box posted yet?
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Naomi would never ask to model for VS tho.....

Shady and true.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Unfortunately Naomi's black has cracked this week...who says that? I swear I have tears! Wheeew!

i dont know how to post IG pix but:
http://instagram.com/p/nrOu55oG2Q/

Marjorie is bogus for posting that pic.

Naomi's face looks so puffy. 
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:20pm
Naomi took a pic with M.Harvey
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

why would u want to be a VS Angel at 40 anyways?  U were there during the heyday. be grateful because now VS Angels are played IMO.
well, to show she's still sexy and beautiful at 40 and to swing sales of the demographic. i find it short sighted that vs didn't want to grow with and redefine the generation that really established their brand. they pulled a typical move and went younger with the pink launch and it's to the point (has been for years) that teenagers are shopping in their stores. 

to the bolded: i agree. vs quality, concept and product isn't anywhere near where it used to be.  it used to be an alluring and sophisticated version (in a sense) of FoH. now? tacky. 

however, i wonder if heidi wanted to do it, would vs break their necks to make it happen? cause age aside, they sure did cling to her for dear life to push the body by victoria line. 

Indeed.  In it's early days I thought they were going to eventually go for a cheaper version of LaPerla or Agent Provocateur with it's extreme boudoir look.  Their image (and quality for somethings) went down hill when they added Pink.  

Don't get me wrong Pink is a good idea but...it changes the overall look of your Brand.  Folks who can shop Delia's started to also shop VS.  Again no shade to the youngsters.  As a company I understand gettin paid but ...if I had the capital I would have done that differently.

I can't call it for Heidi.  Well...honestly...i'm not sure Heidi would do it.  She seems to have moved on.  She got her shows and endorsements. *shrugs*

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic