Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:10pm
Yall leave Tyra alone Cry. I don't think Tyra meant anything malicious with her statement. She's just in the hollyweird sphere where there is a high number of interracial dating amongst blacks making her have an exaggerated view especially when black male celebs rather cut their right arm off than date anyone darker than kim k. I always appreciated that she shined light about the ds/ls issue in the black communities to the public. #nonewblack.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:12pm
why does she speak aloud? 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:15pm
she loves the sound of her voice...lol
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:17pm
this is why bey doesnt say much... 

it seems like ppl dont like when ppl speak unless its some ratch/catty mess like rih 

this wasnt one of tyras better moments.. but its like she can never say anything right with yall. 
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

I thought she was basically saying that BM dating WW/other races at their current rate, will produce more mixed women that look similar to Bey/Rih/herself ie light skin and/or light eyes/

i thought this too..... 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:36pm
or unless youre a super intelligent scholar.. and even then you better not come off a certain way. 

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 4:57pm
I don't think they would stop at honey-colored...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:11pm
But I don't think she was talking about interracial dating.  She said people would choose beyonce or rihanna colored skin for themselves or kids.  So she's basically saying the majority of black people would voluntarily shed their dark skin with this new technology.  But maybe she's right.  Claiming the darker skin would be heralded as unique is not true though...it would just be seen as something bad.

Is she only talking about choosing hair w technology or skin too?

If I have a baby with someone darker than me then the baby should be a shade between the two...it would be weird to just pick a color. 

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 10 2014 at 5:12pm
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:20pm
I don't disagree with her about what people will choose.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:29pm
But I remember back in the Golden Days of BHM there was a poll that asked if there was a pill that could make your curl pattern significantly looser would BHM members take it.

The vast majority said yes. When people protested about how anti-black it was we were met with excuses.

This is no different from what Tyra is saying. It's the damn truth. Many black people if given the option would be less black and one day the "Black" race will look completely different. The only dark skinned people you'll find will be immigrants from The West Indies/Africa who'll probably end up marrying whiter as well.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style