Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:10am
So I don't know what the fck Tyra is talking about here but did anybody notice that she's also saying there will be no more white white women.  I'm referring to the alabaster comment.  There was no shade from the yt women about her comments?  I reread to make sure the comment wasn't that black women would look like Bey or Rhi.  She said womenLOL
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

did she get that from one of those "this is what America will look like in 2045, 2099, 3050, star date 3145874.8" news articles?
no,

she got that from the new black handbook

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:48am
she did say alabastids would go bye bye...
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:07am
Go sit down Tyra. Stop trying to remain relevant with some bullsh*t. Every year with this sh*t.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:57am
weave is what? a 10 billion dollar industry (and even though "others" wear weaves, black women make up a big chuck of the consumers) and i read somewhere that skin lightening is a 5billion dollar industry so what she's saying is not far fetched at all. 

she didn't assign positive or negative attributes to skin color, seems like she's only basing her "predictions" off of current trends. basically saying, exotic will become the norm and thus no longer considered exotic. 

etc: as far as others are concerned,  tanning is a multi-billion dollar industry so then there's that. 

Edited by noneyons - Jul 10 2014 at 12:10pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:57am
I bet that Harvard business program is teaching her to make silly statements for publicity. Yep, that's it.Cry
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:20pm
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:31pm
I thought she was basically saying that BM dating WW/other races at their current rate, will produce more mixed women that look similar to Bey/Rih/herself ie light skin and/or light eyes/
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo  wtf???????????????????
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:10pm
Yall leave Tyra alone Cry. I don't think Tyra meant anything malicious with her statement. She's just in the hollyweird sphere where there is a high number of interracial dating amongst blacks making her have an exaggerated view especially when black male celebs rather cut their right arm off than date anyone darker than kim k. I always appreciated that she shined light about the ds/ls issue in the black communities to the public. #nonewblack.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic