Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
brownie29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyra Banks now shes on the other end
    Posted: Feb 01 2007 at 3:08pm
I like Tyra Bank and all that, but she's a big hypocrite. Tyra Banks is now defending herself because she is getting big. It's all in the news. Do you all remember that season( I can't honestly tell you with one) of America's Top Models when they had that plus size girl on there( she didn't even look that big to me) she's on bet now, the judges joked about her all the time and when she would go on different shoots jokes I wonder if we have something to fit her. The reason IMO they voted her off is because of her weight. I didn't hear Tyra taking up for her then but she told her she's beautiful. Those judges need to be replaced.
Sponsored Links

haitiancurlyq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2007 at 11:09pm

I agree that Toccara got voted off because she was too big for high fashion....let's face it, high fashion models need to be very thin and it has always been like that and it will always be. I have seen plenty of episodes from all the seasons where Tyra has stood up to the judges about the thicker girls on ANTM.

As for Tyra defending herself....I watched the show, and she told all the tabloids and people who were calling her fat to "Kiss my fat ass." I watch her show alot and Tyra is never the one to degrade someone because of her size. She even had America's Next Plus Size Model competition on her show. Tyra would not tell anyone who would not fit they typical look of top-fashion runway models that they will succeed in that arena (only way is if the industry changed). She is honest, she is consistently telling people on her shows to love the way that they are and are beautiful. So I don't see how that makes her a hypocrite.
brownie29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 10:54am
I don't think he know she is contradicting herself. she made millions on promoting thin now she retired and big "that's ok".  Those judges what will she say to them so they can stop make mean comments huuuuuh nothing CW has there backs. Cw told tyra lose weight or else. I guess because she is the "star" forget them. Why did she make a big deal about plus size models she hasn't before. Toccara looks good in her high fashion on bet and commercials.
NaturaleMommi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 12:43pm
CW told Tyra to lose weight???

I don't think Tyra was/is being a hypocrite. When Tocarra appeared on NTM it was sourpuss/botox junkie Janice sausageerson always digging on Tocarra about her weight. I remember that season vividly...Tocarra was sent packing because she lost her drive for being in the competition.

But what does it really matter because Tocarra is doing things - Ashley Stewart model, BET correspondent, etc. She probably wouldn't be where she is if it weren't for NTM...so I'm sure she's laughing all the way to the bank.LOL

Tyra's trying to make a change...supposedly the new season of NTM will have not 1, but 2 plus size contestants.

The fashion industry needs to change their thinking that high fashion models must be rail thin, emaciated looking. 

Edited by NaturaleMommi - Feb 02 2007 at 12:47pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 12:46pm

**double post**

Edited by NaturaleMommi - Feb 02 2007 at 12:48pm
PensiveChic3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 12:57pm
Tyra has never been considered a skinny model. As she stated on her show, the industry has ALWAYS considered her a little bigger than the usual model. For that reason, she had to look for modeling jobs that catered to a little curvier model: sports illustrated and victoria secret. So this talk about her being on the other end and now defending herself does not make sense to me....she's always been in between whichever ends are being referenced. This tabloid stuff is not new to her. Why else did she have to do that "i don't have breast implants" show?  She is honest about her situation and about the industry's standards, and I don't see the hypocrisy. She has every right to defend herself. I feel like some people would've liked for her to just sit and take it, but that's not her style.
brownie29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 3:30pm

Why does Tyra needs to have plus size ATM if she so passionly feels like the industry will not tolerated plus size models have one ATM geared towards cuvier people it seems that her cause. Not no for skinny or thin. Why does she always have to go to the extreme to prove things like her boobs, makeup and I'm not that big. Drama Queen!  I guess that her way of doing things.

Keep your opinions comingSmile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 5:01pm
how do we know that Tyra hasn't brought up the idea of having a "Plus Sized" NTM??? Could've been done already...I mean she does have a legion of fans, many of them plus sized. And I'm sure her plus sized fans have suggested a "Plus Size" NTM to Trya.

Maybe she's already brought the subject up and it got shot down by the power's that be (CW network, the distributors of NTM, etc.).

The "mainstream fashion industry" is not ready for that.  The fashion industry is slowly warming up to the plus sized industry...and that's been more than 20+ years in the making....
haitiancurlyq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2007 at 3:07pm
She did have one...it was on her show...it wasn't a whole season, but at least she did the competition on her show. Tyra is one person, she cannot change the 70 plus years of the modeling industry. I think she has done alot for women who mainstream media considers "big", through topics on her show and all that. She even recently had shows where she challenges the other side of modeling (girls as young as 6 dieting because they want to be thin, and anorexic models who have died). I agree that mainstream does need to change the perception of beauty...but hey plus size fashion is a REALLY big business in it's own right now, whatever a person size they can find work
jnorthe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2007 at 7:22pm
have you all seen this

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic