Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tx executes Edgar Tamayo for kiiling H-town cop
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Tx executes Edgar Tamayo for kiiling H-town cop

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tx executes Edgar Tamayo for kiiling H-town cop
    Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:34pm
The only reason why I posted this article is because this man was convicted of killing a Houston police officer.  Only one person.  Maybe I have a sense of twisted sense of justice or something but I was under the impression that you had to kill at least two people to get the death penalty.   Anyway do you agree with the state of Texas decision? Personally I would have him extradited back to Mexico and be done with it.

Texas executes Mexican citizen Edgar Tamayo for killing Houston cop

Tamayo’s death by lethal execution moved forward despite outcries from the Mexican government and even a request from Secretary of State Kerry that Texas delay the punishment.

Comments (26)

By Stephen Rex Brown / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 10:41 AM

AP PROVIDES ACCESS TO THIS PUBLICLY DISTRIBUTED HANDOUT PHOTO PROVIDED BY TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINIAL JUSTICE.

AP

Edgar Tamayo was the first inmate executed in Texas so far this year and one of several Mexican inmates who attorneys and officials contend should have been given proper counsel.

A cop-killing Mexican man has been executed in Texas despite pressure from his home country to halt the punishment.

Edgar Tamayo, 46, was put to death by lethal injection Wednesday night for the shooting of Houston cop Guy Gaddis, 24, in Jan. 1994.

Asked by a warden if he had a final statement, Tamayo mumbled “no” and shook his head. 

He took a few breaths as the deadly dose of pentobarbital began taking effect. He then made one slightly audible snore before all movement stopped. He was pronounced dead 17 minutes after the drug was administered, at 9:32 p.m. CST.

Tamayos cousin Edelmira Arias is comforted while weeping in his parents home in  Miacatlan, Mexico, Wednesday.

Tony Rivera/AP

Tamayo's cousin Edelmira Arias is comforted while weeping in his parents' home in  Miacatlan, Mexico, Wednesday.

The execution at the Texas State Penitentiary at Huntsville was delayed by three hours while the Supreme Court considered — and rejected — last-minute appeals of Tamayo’s case.

Tamayo’s attorney and the Mexican government argued that Tamayo’s case was tainted because he wasn’t informed, under an international agreement, that he could get legal help from the Mexican consulate after his arrest in the officer’s slaying.

Attorneys also unsuccessfully argued that Tamayo was mentally impaired, making him ineligible for capital punishment.

A woman holds up a sign Sunday showing a photo of the Texas death-row inmate that reads in Spanish ‘The town of Miacatlan offers you our support, Edgar Tamayo Arias.’

Tony Rivera/AP

A woman holds up a sign Sunday showing a photo of the Texas death-row inmate that reads in Spanish ‘The town of Miacatlan offers you our support, Edgar Tamayo Arias.’

Several dozen police officers and other supporters of Gaddis revved their motorcycles before witnesses were allowed into the death chamber. Tamayo called no one to witness his death.

RELATED: WE’VE SEEN TOO MANY SHAMEFUL DEATHS LIKE MYLS DOBSON’S

He avoided eye contact with Gaddis’ mother, two brothers and two other relatives who watched the grim proceeding through a window.

“He’s a coward, just like when he shot my brother in the back of the head, and he died a coward,” Glen Gaddis said.

Sofia Alfaro (center) prays with other members of the Cristo Rey Catholic Church during a vigil held for Tamayo in front of the State Capitol in Austin Wednesday.

Rodolfo Gonzalez/AP

Sofia Alfaro (center) prays with other members of the Cristo Rey Catholic Church during a vigil held for Tamayo in front of the State Capitol in Austin Wednesday.

The execution was the first of the year in Texas, which consistently kills the highest number of inmates of any state. Sixteen prisoners were executed in Texas last year.

“It doesn’t matter where you’re from,” said Lucy Nashed, spokeswoman for Gov. Rick Perry. “If you commit a despicable crime like this in Texas, you are subject to our state laws, including a fair trial by jury and the ultimate penalty.”

Mexico had said it “strongly opposed” the execution.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry presides over the state where the death penalty is most active.

Justin Hayworth/AP

Texas Gov. Rick Perry presides over the state where the death penalty is most active.

Gaddis, who had been on the force for two years, was driving Tamayo and another man from a robbery scene when the officer was shot three times in the head and neck with a pistol Tamayo had concealed in his pants. 

The car crashed, and Tamayo fled on foot but was captured a few blocks away, still in handcuffs, carrying the robbery victim’s watch and wearing the victim’s necklace.

Secretary of State Kerry previously asked Texas Attorney General Abbott to delay Tamayo’s punishment, saying it “could impact the way American citizens are treated in other countries.” The State Department repeated that stance earlier Wednesday but had no immediate comment following the execution.

Tamayo was in the U.S. illegally at the time of the murder and had a criminal record in California, where he had served time for robbery and was paroled, according to prison records.

With News Wire Services

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/diplomacy-failed-mexican-inmate-executed-texas-article-1.1588388#ixzz2rLUF2V2E
Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:39pm
Yes, I agree with the decision.

Quote but I was under the impression that you had to kill at least two people to get the death penalty.

No Confused
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:43pm
"kill at least 2 people to get the death penalty"? what kind of logic is that? Texas dont play that two-for-one mess
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:47pm
I will readily the thought process on what qualifies for the death penalty is way left.  But sometimes I hear where people serve years behind bars for murder.  Granted it is in different states.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:51pm
Its about how they killed, not how many.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Anyway do you agree with the state of Texas decision?
no ma'am. in our state, you kill an on-duty officer of the law, it's a capital offense; the death penalty is automatically on the table when you're charged and tried. and i'm fine with the death penalty. yadda yadda yadda not a deterrent blah blah blah-- i'm still fine with it. 

as they were the ones wronged, i actually think it should be the family's call. also, don't commit crimes in a country that doesn't belong to you. keep that sh!t on your home soil. my only regret is the cost of housing people for ___ years before they are executed. 
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:54pm
I support the decision. Toma tut o was housed on tax payers dollars for another 20 years before his execution.

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 3:51pm
F*ck him. Those same Mexicans holding those signs wouldn't care if he was being executed in Mexico. He's a killer and a thief. F*ck his rights.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 6:28pm
I support their decision. Thanks for saving my tax dollars.

Killers get no sympathy.
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 8:05pm
the police
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply