BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Skin Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Two toned bottom lip

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
missy1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missy1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two toned bottom lip
    Posted: May 04 2013 at 11:31pm
Hey y'all. I have an issue with my lips that I have been struggling with my entire life and would like some advice.

Ever since I was little I have had an issue with my bottom lip where it is two-toned. The lower half is brown and the top half is pink which is normal but there is more pink than brown showing. I have seen other black people with lips like mine but not often and they are usually guys and I'm a girl. I have scoured the internet looking for solutions for this problem and all I found was a surgical procedure on the lips to hide more of the pink. It showed a black guy's before and after picture but to me his lips looked better before the surgery even though now he doesn't have pink showing the shape of his lips are weird now.

I really want to avoid surgery but I just need to know is there anything else I can do? I know some people say you can get the correct color tattooed on? Ugh. I just don't know what to do. My lips have always bothered me and I'm sensitive about them. I don't look right wearing lipsticks because of the pink showing on the upper part of my bottom lip and I LOVE lipstick so that sucks.

Does anyone else have this issue or know anyone who does who's found a solution for it?

Edited by missy1988 - May 04 2013 at 11:37pm
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 3:30am
Concealer b4 lipstick would help

Edited by rell85 - May 08 2013 at 3:32am
tmitchem81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmitchem81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 9:35am
bynniejo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bynniejo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 9:02pm
I have the same issue with my lips and it drives me crazy.  It makes me self-conscious and I find it embarrassing.  My mother says I have wine-o lips.....thanks, Ma......I don't drink lol. Dead

Concealer is a good idea, but it is temporary and requires constant application.  I don't think I would want to have surgery on my lip, but I am considering tattooing the area.
columbian queen View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote columbian queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 7:17am
I've found that Vaseline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter is helping me a lot.  I smoke weed so my lips were getting discolored but this seems to be bringing the natural color back quickly.

Edited by columbian queen - Jul 23 2013 at 7:17am
RoseMatters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseMatters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 5:21am
Have you tired maxi peel and lactic acid peels?..
The pigment in the lips is very deep and need
to be removed by proper exfolation,

Maxi peel contains retin-a look it up. ;=)
This will leave your lips rosepink.
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 9:09am
Yeah I heard the lactic acids 40 percent work. Most keep it on for about 2 minutes and then rinse off. They follow it with an spf lip chap
Giom54878963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giom54878963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

Yeah I heard the lactic acids 40 percent work. Most keep it on for about 2 minutes and then rinse off. They follow it with an spf lip chap

It's much indeed.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 12:47am
I have a similar issue, my top lip is darker and my bottom lipnis pinkish. It foednt bother me thst muchbto be honest but if anythingwhat id like to fo us somehow darken the bottom lip. Is that even possible?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic