SOOOOOOOO glad someone started a post about this! I have been wearing my natural mini twists for about a month now. I do them over every 2-3 weeks. I've done them both on blowed dried and wet hair and I dont notice too much of a difference. Here is my regie:
1) Wash hair with trader joe's tea trea shampoo (love this stuff for now lol)
2) Condition with trader joe's tea conditioner to detangle
3) I use Giovanni direct leave in and apply a little olive oil
4) I put my hair in about 4 to 5 plaits and let hair stretch and dry a little over night
5) In the morning while hair is still damp I start twisting the hair. I don't use gel I find that shea better works the best. When I finish twisting, I spritz with my water and aloe vera juice mixture then apply more leave in so my ends will curl up.
After trial and error I've finally found something that works for me!
1)In the morning I lightly spritz with water and then apply either my flaxseed gel mixture or leave in conditioner depending on how I'm going to style
2) At night I spritz with water and use a little flaxseed gel and put my mini twist into about 6 large braids. In the morning this creates a really nice wavy style. I normally start to do this when my twists are looking a little old. This really spruces them up. If I am not doing the braids at night then I do the wrapping method inspired from Naptural85. This helps stretch the twist and elongate the curl pattern. I will try to post some pics.
3) I will sometime redo the edges to freshen up. I've only washed my hair once with twist also using Naptural85's method using the stocking cap. It was OK but I noticed that a lot of m twist unraveled in the middle so not sure if I will be doing this again.
I'm not really good about washing my twists. Anyone have any good tips or methods for that? Hope this helps