Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Twist pic! Post your fave twist style here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:15am
I like this look!
Sponsored Links

sakinadee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakinadee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Afro Puff Twists. don't see many rocking these but I love them and I would love to find some and do my own hair with them.

omg i LOVE THESE TWISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
momolicious21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:36am
Spring Twists! 1st time I only used a #4 then the 2nd time I used a combination of #4 & #T1B. I LOVE doing the sprint twists. They are much quicker then kinky twists, much softer & looks more natural. 

momolicious21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momolicious21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:49am
For years I have been obsessed with getting senegalese twists. I have yet to do them. 
Even though I have about 6 packs of my spring twists hair in a box waiting to be used.....I am going to instead get to searching for some hair for my senegalese. I know to use 100% kanekalon.....picking which type will probably be the issue for me? Confused

***Found this picture on Facebook somewhere?

Edited by momolicious21 - Dec 02 2012 at 11:50am
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:20am
COULD SOMEBODY MAKE IT WHERE WE NEWBIES CAN POST FOR THE NATURAL HAIR CARE FORUM PLEASE I AM NATURAL HAIR TYPE OF WOMAN it
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 7:17am
Spring time is twist time!

I love, love my twists out of all the dozens of weave techniques I know how to do this is my fav!
While box braids are making a comeback, and that is good, but I will stay with my twists.
Now I do love the Havanna twists, but not on me. If I ever do those I will wear them in a updo style most of the time, because they look really regal when you put the Havanna twist, we called them puffy twist back in the day, but they make such a pretty crown when you put them in a updo.....So I have been wearing my own hair  since probably last Summer. Anyways I decided to put in a set of Kinky Twists in and added some color this time. I really didn't think I would like the color because all my black hair is showing, but I got use to it. I made the twists in some areas the same length as my real hair, and other areas the fake hair is about 1/2 inch longer than my real hair.

Of course I use my FAV twist hair. Afro kinky bulk by Janet collection 100% Kanekalon.
Love this hair! No other synthetic fiber washes as good as this hair. I shampoo frequently whether I have extensions or not. I do not sacrifice the health of my hair in order to maintain a style. But of course I braid my own hair, so I can touch it up myself if I need toSmile, which is rare. I love this hair I have been using it for over 10 years I know.......I have used several other textures and fibers, still I like this one the best. I do want to try the Naffy afro twist hair it looks so good in the pictures. That is the only one I have not used.

Notice my natural hair is not frizzy or lifting from the fake hair. And this is with frequent washings.

Edited by Veemack - May 05 2013 at 7:24am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

YAY!!!

other than nott being able to embed the link the pics are showing...finally!!
I posted it for you. Try the instructions I gave you while right clicking on the picture from your photobucket. choose (copy image location)......They look good, they still look like kinky twist to me. But the hair looks softer.
I want to try this hair next. Her hair looks so luscious and even more natural than twists normally look.
divadoc2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadoc2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:49pm
Hi ladies. I'm a newbie but love all of the info shared on this forum.  Below is a link to my favorite twist style. I'm trying to figure out the hair that's used for this style as I would like to have this installed. Does anyone know the type of hair that's used or another name for this style? I found it on a shop's site in Maryland but it seems like they may use different names for the styles. Has anyone had this hair installed?

http://africanrootsbraiding.com/Soul%20twist.htm - http://africanrootsbraiding.com/Soul%20twist.htm
pnksky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 10:57am
Veemack, I love the last style that you posted!! What type of hair do you think it is? Also you mentioned that you braid your own hair, do you braid the hair of other's?
4shopiece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4shopiece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 7:55pm
Im bumping this thread bc I want some twist and I cant decide between eon, spring/kinky/nubian silk

thanks for posting pics
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair