Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedTwist pic! Post your fave twist style here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 12:45pm
I cannot see your pictures, try to post them again. The link will turn blue if it is clickable.
As far as getting your twist to be more springy and not poof and frizz, it is about finding the right product with the right hold if you are trying to twist your natural hair.
Sponsored Links

Soru0308 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 1:22pm
Oh whoops sorry! What products do you reccomend? How would I achieve this?

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 4:16pm
Wow, neat! Well part of achieving this style is to have his hair texture. He appears to have a loose curl to his hair. It looks like a messy wash and go that is shaved on the sides and back. You could do this but your hair would look different unless your curl pattern is close to his texture.....You could try to put your hair in medium size comb twists, and after they dry, pull them apart and make your hair really messy. This technique would give you something similar to this look.....If you opt for extensions you could braid in human hair afro curly texture into your hair and let loose on the ends and create a messy textured look close to this....Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need more details on any of the options I listed. Blessings!!!!!!!!!
Soru0308 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Wow, neat! Well part of achieving this style is to have his hair texture. He appears to have a loose curl to his hair. It looks like a messy wash and go that is shaved on the sides and back. You could do this but your hair would look different unless your curl pattern is close to his texture.....You could try to put your hair in medium size comb twists, and after they dry, pull them apart and make your hair really messy. This technique would give you something similar to this look.....If you opt for extensions you could braid in human hair afro curly texture into your hair and let loose on the ends and create a messy textured look close to this....Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you need more details on any of the options I listed. Blessings!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Yeah my hair is kinda thick naturally. No real loose curl to it. But its kinda curly at the moment. Right now heres a pic of me and my hair right now. Since I have little to no experience with twisting, I agree with me having to do medium sized comb twists. But I dont know how to...haha

Is there a guide or an online step by step to go about it? I'd rather learn on my own so I dont have to go to somebody and pay for them to retwist it.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 2:04pm

This is one option but the longer your hair is the longer it will take you to do the fingercoils you can also twist the hair using a comb. I also recommend the product she is using by shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. Now you can let these coils separate on their own after a couple of days or your can separate on day 3 and create the messy style like the guy in the picture.

Edited by Veemack - Aug 14 2012 at 2:07pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 2:09pm
In this video you can see  a 10 day progression of how her finger coils looked as they got older.

Edited by Veemack - Aug 14 2012 at 2:09pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2012 at 2:13pm
I say try using shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and a little bit of eco styling gel for the hold to achieve this style. Now be careful of mixing products because sometimes you get a white buildup. These two products are very different in price, so if money is an issue then buy the eco styling gel and do the coils with it. Eco gel cost about 4.99 the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie cost about 10.99 you can find both at Walmart or the Beauty supply store.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 7:23am
This company sells the hair for the Havana twists, the jumbo twists people like. The hair in the picture above is wefted and I think the model is wearing 2 bundles. This hair blends really well with type 3 and 4 hair,good for adding length to your twist outs or wash and go.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 1:11pm
^I love that look.
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:50pm
Getting these on Saturday. I will post pics then

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21