Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Twists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedTwist pic! Post your fave twist style here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by natural essence natural essence wrote:

YAY!!!

other than nott being able to embed the link the pics are showing...finally!!
I posted it for you. Try the instructions I gave you while right clicking on the picture from your photobucket. choose (copy image location)......They look good, they still look like kinky twist to me. But the hair looks softer.

Edited by Veemack - Jul 08 2012 at 10:54pm
Sponsored Links

natural essence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 10:55am
Veemack, Thanks for posting the pic for me.....damn the pic is huge...sorry ladies!!

The hair is definitely softer and gives more a realistic look to the twists..the only downfall is that since I have been spritzing my hair with my avj concoction my natural hair is starting to get frizzy and come out of the twists...I have opted to re-twist a few with some shea butter to see if my hair will stay intact and stop popping out!!  These babies need to run their course and take me through to the end of July at the minimum!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2012 at 11:34am

Veemack, Thanks for posting the pic for me.....damn the pic is huge...sorry ladies!!

The hair is definitely softer and gives more a realistic look to the twists..the only downfall is that since I have been spritzing my hair with my avj concoction my natural hair is starting to get frizzy and come out of the twists...I have opted to re-twist a few with some shea butter to see if my hair will stay intact and stop popping out!!  These babies need to run their course and take me through to the end of July at the minimum!!
I love it! It is so soft looking. I am getting some of this hair and blend it into my hair not at the root, but after a .25 of an inch down the twist. It matches my hair texture really well. You won't be able to tell the difference. Love it!
ctownqueen View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 7:43pm

Originally posted by ctownqueen ctownqueen wrote:

I

I love your senegalese twists  they are beautiful...what type og hair did you use?

Thanks! I used x-pressions collection hair 
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2012 at 4:40am
Absolutely GORGEOUS styles Ladies! Luv them all!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2012 at 7:34pm
Bump!
genevieve11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 7:26pm
I'm having some SERIOUS issues with kinky twist extensions girls! I bought black and gold rastafarian dreadlock twist extensions. And I watched videos on youtube describing how to add and twist the extensions into my hair. I did not use any gel, and did not use that much hair to complete the twist. I swear i followed the videos word for word. Everything I seemed to be doing right, except that the synthetic hair and my hair texture do not match AT ALL. It's so bad till you can tell where my hair ends and the synthetic begins. (it's like silky...and all of a sudden, KINKY) I see other ladies with absolutely beautiful kinky twists, so I know it CAN happen. I seem to have 3c hair, and the dread-lock hair is 4b/4c. How can I blend it better so my twists will look like this (copy-paste):

http://www.thebraidlady365.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/EON-springTwist2.36414205_large.jpg

I tried twisting tighter but it really hurt and still didn't match.  
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by genevieve11 genevieve11 wrote:

I'm having some SERIOUS issues with kinky twist extensions girls! I bought black and gold rastafarian dreadlock twist extensions. And I watched videos on youtube describing how to add and twist the extensions into my hair. I did not use any gel, and did not use that much hair to complete the twist. I swear i followed the videos word for word. Everything I seemed to be doing right, except that the synthetic hair and my hair texture do not match AT ALL. It's so bad till you can tell where my hair ends and the synthetic begins. (it's like silky...and all of a sudden, KINKY) I see other ladies with absolutely beautiful kinky twists, so I know it CAN happen. I seem to have 3c hair, and the dread-lock hair is 4b/4c. How can I blend it better so my twists will look like this (copy-paste):

http://www.thebraidlady365.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/EON-springTwist2.36414205_large.jpg

I tried twisting tighter but it really hurt and still didn't match.  
The hair you are using is the cheapest twist hair you can get, and I do not recommend it. Try the afro kinky hair by Janet or Femi. It is afro texture with curl and body wave to it, so your hair will blend better. Also you will need to use either more twist hair per section or smaller sections of your hair, so the extension will cover your hair better. You should not need gel, but since you seem to be a beginner, try some ORS loc and twist gel I have used this with twist back in the day. Also if this is your first time, braiding hair takes practice and twist a little more practice. But if you follow these tips this should eliminate your problem. Also the Afro kinky bulk hair by Janet or Femi twist very similar to the spring twist hair by EON. Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2012 at 12:37pm
Blackonyx on youtube came out with a video showing how to do the chunky twist pictured by Afrigenix. She suggest getting the hair from finger comber.com
http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/64984157/175.jpg

They have cute afro textured wigs.
This is a wig man made fiber afro texture wig that can be worn untwisted.

This is a wig.

Edited by Veemack - Jul 22 2012 at 12:39pm
romeo3734 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2012 at 9:04am
wow very nice
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic