Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Twist out/Braid Out etc hair styles..HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twist out/Braid Out etc hair styles..HELP!
    Posted: May 03 2013 at 11:12am
I want to know how can I get my twist outs or braid out to look its best..how can I style it with hair assessors? What should I put on my hair so the curls can stay any thing you know school me plz or post pics
Sponsored Links

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 9:46pm
wet hair- twist and loc gel
dry hair- use a hair butter or shea butter mixed with oils
for defined look do more twist/braids like 12- 16
at night to the pineapple method to keep the style longer
accessories: headbands, clips/clips with teeth, decorative bobby pins, beanies
for best twist/braid out: stay close the scalp when starting, keep it tight while styling, curl the ends with fingers

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 9:57pm
Make sure your twists/braids are even/the same size. Think of how you want your hair to look and braid/twist accordingly. The direction is very important. You don't necessarily want to twist/braid the front, the sides and the back in the same direction.
My hair gets better curl definition when I do flat twists as opposed to regular, loose twists. Organic root stimulator Lock&Twist gel is your friend. It will make the curls pop more and the texture is non sticky and lovely. It won't come out as nice if you use nothing.
 You might want to use rollers/flexirods on the ends of your hair so that they don't look messy.
When you untwist/unbraid your hair, dip your fingers in either coconut oil, castor oil or olive oil to avoid frizz while separating your strands. When you separate your strands, don't force it. If you're in the right spot, it will separate easily and naturally.

I re-twist every night but it's not necessary. Lots of women can keep a twist out looking fresh for several days. If you don't retwist every night, make sure to pineapple your hair (use scrunchies on at least 4 sections of your hair) and cover it with a silk/satin scarf. If you don't have a scarf, at the very least use a satin pillowcase.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 03 2013 at 9:57pm
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:15am
If you do a wash n go, stretch it by banding, then do a twist out when it dries, you will LOVE it.
Tangala0810 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangala0810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 2:28pm
Ok thank yall..but how do I do ths the pineabble method?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Tangala0810 Tangala0810 wrote:

Ok thank yall..but how do I do ths the pineabble method?

It's just one or several high ponytails. Nothing fancy to it. I usually section my hair in 4 with my fingers and use a scrunchie. it ends up looking like 4 high puffs or pineapples (you know, how they do little kids' hair???)

Anyway. Here's a YouTube video. She only does one high ponytail and she uses one of those Goody ouchless bands. It's up to you to figure out what works best. Hair length is obviously factor.
If you moisturize, be careful not to use too much, it might mess up the curl pattern.

Most methods that ladies will reference on BHM, you can look up on YouTube. Somebody usually has a video floating out there

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 04 2013 at 4:27pm
kgreen6110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgreen6110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:02am
This is how I do my flat twist. I do it on dry hair and apply leave in which is my tresemme naturals condition which is silicone free, then apply whatever twisting creme I want to use and a little bit of oil or coconut oil or even shea butter to seal. But my twist outs work better on my hair while dry and stretched. I like the definition better when doing a flat twist then a twist out. also, It's this Shea moisture gel souffle that really has got my hair defined with a twist out but It's heavy. Cantu Shea twist and lock gel is good for me and their coconut curling creme.... no flake or residue!

kgreen6110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kgreen6110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:19am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic