Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Twin Sisters Graduate Top of HS Class

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin Sisters Graduate Top of HS Class
    Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:10pm
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/06/black-excellence-d-c-twin-sisters-graduate-top-hs-class/

Black Excellence: D.C. Twin Sisters Graduate At the Top of Their HS Class

by Britni Danielle — Jun 25, 2014

Mickay & Rickay Thompson

Rickay and Mickay Thompson have overcome some serious odds. In addition to growing up in an economically disadvantaged section of Washington D.C., and living in public housing, Rickay’s future could have been derailed when she found out she was pregnant her sophomore year in high school.

“I kind of did just want to fall back and take time for me and my child, but I knew he wouldn’t have the best if I chose that route,” Rickay explainedto NBC Washington.

Rickay fought the urge to “fall back” and threw herself into her schoolwork instead. Earlier this month both she and her sister graduated from D.C.’s Woodson High School at the top of their class—Rickay as valedictorian and her twin sister Mickay right behind as salutatorian.

“I come from a low-budget area where I live on public housing,” Mickay said, “but I did not let that stop me and I did not let that make me feel like any less of myself.”

The twin sisters finished high school with GPAs over 4.0, and will continue their studies at George Mason University in the fall where they’ll study pre-law.

While many have demonized Black teen mothers, Rickay is thankful she’s been able to beat the odds.

“I’m really thankful for all the opportunities that I have had, all of the obstacles that came my way,” she said, “because now I know that I am strong enough, that I can fight through anything I just put my mind to.”

Sponsored Links

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:19pm
Bhm(including myself) doesn't like "these" type of beating the odd stories.

No shade Cherry.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:26pm
Disapprove
word? 

...seeing black people (esp. black women) succeed makes me happy, what can I say?
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:28pm
Why do you say that angelic?

Good for them!

I wanted to go to HD Woodson for a party once and my mom was like helll no. 
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:36pm
having kids early has its benefits especially if you're driven

They will do well for themselves, I wish them every success and luck

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:39pm
not advocating teen pregnancy just saying it's not the end of the world 

Ideally in your twenties 
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:40pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:54pm
This is actually more common then you think....in my high school class a set of twins were 1 and 2 in the class......
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:03pm
Idk, it's like people stay wanting extra credit for overcoming hardships they bring on themselves. Like ok, good for you, you were supposed to graduate from hs anyway....you were NOT supposed to be getting pregnant. Don't expect any extra kudos just because you "had a baby and still finished school"

Jmho
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:12pm
cool
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style