BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Twin girls drown while grandmother naps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:11am
*waits for it* Evil Smile
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

this is so sad on so many levels.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Dead I can't, my 3 year old cousin was unlocking doors, but not at two. 

It's completely unfair that any form of blame be placed on the home owners, I don't feel like it's my job to pay for additional ANYTHING to baby proof my house when I dont have babies. 
I wonder if the parents will attempt to sue the homeowners....

LOLThat boy was crazy.  And smart.  And big for his age.  This was a long time ago but it's still funny and scary to me at the same time.  I was a kid myself.

Yeah.  I believe the bold too.  But the homeowners will probably be held more liable than the family unfortunately.

Everyone in this situation must be devastated.  This is such a sad story.Cry

The homeowners are liable if they didn't have the pool secured in some fashion.  Many areas have specific laws that require pool owners to have fences and/or some type of restricted access because pools are kid magnets plain and simple.  Drownings are in the top 5 causes of deaths for kids. 

It looks like a tragic event that was a result of many lapses of judgement for all the adults involved.  Maybe the back door was left unlocked...maybe grandma had a cold and took some cough meds that made her drowsy....maybe the pool owners left the gate open...its so sad that those kids died.
Broken Heart

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Dead I can't, my 3 year old cousin was unlocking doors, but not at two. 

It's completely unfair that any form of blame be placed on the home owners, I don't feel like it's my job to pay for additional ANYTHING to baby proof my house when I dont have babies. 
I wonder if the parents will attempt to sue the homeowners....

LOLThat boy was crazy.  And smart.  And big for his age.  This was a long time ago but it's still funny and scary to me at the same time.  I was a kid myself.

Yeah.  I believe the bold too.  But the homeowners will probably be held more liable than the family unfortunately.

Everyone in this situation must be devastated.  This is such a sad story.Cry

The homeowners are liable if they didn't have the pool secured in some fashion.  Many areas have specific laws that require pool owners to have fences and/or some type of restricted access because pools are kid magnets plain and simple.  Drownings are in the top 5 causes of deaths for kids. 

It looks like a tragic event that was a result of many lapses of judgement for all the adults involved.  Maybe the back door was left unlocked...maybe grandma had a cold and took some cough meds that made her drowsy....maybe the pool owners left the gate open...its so sad that those kids died.
Broken Heart

I know the homeowners are liable if they didn't have what is deemed proper security.  Even if they did have security they can still be liable.  That's why in my post I said: But the homeowners will probably be held more liable than the family unfortunately.

It's the way things work.  I just don't think it's alway fair.  It's just tragic that those two little girls had to die that way.Cry
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:15pm
They had a pool cover, which is all Indiana requires if they didn't have a fence.  From the article, it seems like they'll investigate whether the pool cover met all the requirements set up by the state.  It'd suck if the home owners were still held liable if they were following all the required safety protocols. 
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:57pm
It's very sad that this happened. All children "explore".  I've watched my daughter when she was about 3yrs old unlock the door. So I added a lock with the chain.  Well that didn't stop her, she placed a chair up against the door and unlatched that too one evening. After I whipped her azz, I went and got a deadbolt lock which needed a key for inside and out.  But that was a fire hazard.  My point is this is one of them sad, "freak accidents".  I don't believe the homeowners should be blamed or held accountable.  And gma probably watched those babies every day since they were born.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*waits for it* Evil Smile

been waiting this whole damn time, it will never comeCryCryCryCry
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 1:32pm
Her old ass needs to be in jail....that's ridiculous....I'd be so angry at my mom if my babies drown while I was on my honeymoon....she prolly volunteered to baby sit too...
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Not everyone has kids, but I'm sure most of us live in neighborhoods with lowered speed limits. You're expected to oblige whether you have children or not, it's a precautionary measure.

Same with homeowners. There is a level of responsibility you have as a homeowner to comply with city standards. There are regulations in place for specific reasons.

Say the babies were able to access the pool on their own. The fact that the neighbors, neighbor-firefighter, onlookers etc were able to see what was inside the pool from their yard is telling of how secure the pool was...what barricade is there to separate your pool from the neighborhood? Is the community pool in your front yard?

Of course the children should've been supervised, that would've prevented all of this from happening. But as a homeowner, if your home isn't compliant and an accident like this happens you will automatically be involved and the safety of your house will be questioned. If your bases are covered then you have nothing to worry about.

What if the homeowners were cleaning their pool to get it ready for use and they had to lift the cover off, would you still believe they should be held liable?
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 1:39pm
I wouldn't have left granny with children that young.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic