Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Twin girls drown while grandmother naps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I feel sorry for the homeowners as well. Don't nobody want these problems all because the kids' family did not properly watch them.

thissss mannnn I feel so bad for the homeowners.

Especially if they don't have kids of their own. Of course the pool wouldn't be child proof if they don't have any children.

This will probably stick with them for life.

Very sad situation. Those poor babies man.
Nobody is perfect but people need to start making better decisions.

Sponsored Links

whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:25am

This reminds me of a situation where my friend "expected" me to watch her son at the park. He wandered off to the entire other side of the park and she was mad like "weren't you watching him?". 

That's why I righteously don't like watching kids under 4. Sometimes parents will be so eager for you to watch their kids, especially for free, they don't even take the necessary precautions to make sure their own kids are safe. How do two two year olds unlock a door and wander off out of a house? 

I'm side eyeing the whole story. The gma and the parents. 

I feel sorry for the homeowners as well. Don't nobody want these problems all because the kids' family did not properly watch them.

It's possible.  When my cousin was 2 he unlocked our apartment door one day and went wandering the streets.  Came back like not a damned thing happened.Ermm  "Where were you?  Outside.  Little negro you ain't SUPPOSED to be outside."

Needless to say, we watched his little behind like a hawk from then on.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

thissss mannnn I feel so bad for the homeowners.

Especially if they don't have kids of their own. Of course the pool wouldn't be child proof if they don't have any children.

This will probably stick with them for life.

Very sad situation. Those poor babies man.
Nobody is perfect but people need to start making better decisions.

Yes.  I don't like how most of the "what they should have done" seems to be placed on the homeowners.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:35am
this is so sad on so many levels.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

This reminds me of a situation where my friend "expected" me to watch her son at the park. He wandered off to the entire other side of the park and she was mad like "weren't you watching him?". 

That's why I righteously don't like watching kids under 4. Sometimes parents will be so eager for you to watch their kids, especially for free, they don't even take the necessary precautions to make sure their own kids are safe. How do two two year olds unlock a door and wander off out of a house? 

I'm side eyeing the whole story. The gma and the parents. 

It's possible.  When my cousin was 2 he unlocked our apartment door one day and went wandering the streets.  Came back like not a damned thing happened.Ermm  "Where were you?  Outside.  Little negro you ain't SUPPOSED to be outside."

Needless to say, we watched his little behind like a hawk from then on.
Dead I can't, my 3 year old cousin was unlocking doors, but not at two. 

It's completely unfair that any form of blame be placed on the home owners, I don't feel like it's my job to pay for additional ANYTHING to baby proof my house when I dont have babies. 
I wonder if the parents will attempt to sue the homeowners....

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Apr 16 2014 at 9:37am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:41am

Dead I can't, my 3 year old cousin was unlocking doors, but not at two. 

It's completely unfair that any form of blame be placed on the home owners, I don't feel like it's my job to pay for additional ANYTHING to baby proof my house when I dont have babies. 
I wonder if the parents will attempt to sue the homeowners....

LOLThat boy was crazy.  And smart.  And big for his age.  This was a long time ago but it's still funny and scary to me at the same time.  I was a kid myself.

Yeah.  I believe the bold too.  But the homeowners will probably be held more liable than the family unfortunately.

Everyone in this situation must be devastated.  This is such a sad story.Cry

Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:52am
Its extremely sad loss for the family.  I really don't see the point in blaming anyone for this.  I can only imagine the Grandmother is probably prone to taking naps every 30 minutes.  I have a grandmother and when I was young, she used to take naps on the hour and because of this reason, i could never imagine leaving a child under 12 years old with anyone of my grandmothers age (55 and up).
As for the homeowners, they shouldn't be at fault for the babies unless the yard wasn't properly secured from outside intrusion (ex. a fense around the property was down).   If a neighbor have a pool or Jacuzzi tub and plan on using it that day, how can they be at fault for it being uncovered or not properly covered?
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:53am
I can't imagine... Cry
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:16am
Not everyone has kids, but I'm sure most of us live in neighborhoods with lowered speed limits. You're expected to oblige whether you have children or not, it's a precautionary measure.

Same with homeowners. There is a level of responsibility you have as a homeowner to comply with city standards. There are regulations in place for specific reasons.

Say the babies were able to access the pool on their own. The fact that the neighbors, neighbor-firefighter, onlookers etc were able to see what was inside the pool from their yard is telling of how secure the pool was...what barricade is there to separate your pool from the neighborhood? Is the community pool in your front yard?

Of course the children should've been supervised, that would've prevented all of this from happening. But as a homeowner, if your home isn't compliant and an accident like this happens you will automatically be involved and the safety of your house will be questioned. If your bases are covered then you have nothing to worry about.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:01am
Sad situation but when you have kids can't leave every time you have something to do.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>