Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying something different-Washing The Weave
    Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 1:32pm
Ok Ladies. I am washing my hair myself tonight. I want to try something different. Maybe like moisturize the braids really well under a heat dryer, BEFORE washing. Would that be considered a pre poo? If so what oils, conditioners or whatever sould I use? My main issues with my hair and scalp is dandruff, dry hair and scalp as well itches. I am dedicating my whole Friday evening to my hair EmbarrassedLOLLOL So I can ready for my weekend. Any suggestions would help. Also dont forget I got indian hair sewn in, so I would like something that would wash out pretty easily and doesnt leave alike a "film" on my tracks. TIA EmbarrassedSmile

Edited by PerfectBlending - Apr 25 2008 at 1:33pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 1:34pm
why does it show someone else as starting this thread?

edited: looks like they fixed it...

Edited by PerfectBlending - Apr 25 2008 at 1:35pm
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 2:03pm
I am actually washing my hair now!!
so, this is what I do.
I used the Queen Helen hot oil treatment/or the hair mayo.
I used two packs. I put olive oil on my tracks.. I also use the hot oil treatment on the weave hair.
I put on a dryer( i have the one with the cap) sit for 45 mins to an hour and wash.. I con wash- and rinse with ACV.
thats it!!!
RedDevyl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 2:49pm

Ok. Here's what I do.

1- put the hair in two or three braids and tie the ends w/elastics; this keeps it from tangling while I wash

2- for the dandruff (oils only make it worse and it'll get gunky under the braids; I'm a lifelong sufferer and have gone to various dermatologists) here's what works; i take about 1 and a half to 2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and mix it with warm water, about a 1:1 ratio. You can buy ACV at the supermarket or a healthfood store. So I'll lean over the bathroom sink w/the ACV in one large soup carton (the kind u get from the chinese store...it's ghetto, i know) and another empty one. I put some warm water in the empty one and pour some ACV into it. Then I douse my head w/it making sure to get under all the braids. I keep doing this until the ACV is finished and my scalp is drenched. Then I place a plastic cap on it and let it sit on the hair for 20-30 minutes. I usually do housework or watch t.v while waiting.

3-Rinse out the ACV and leave the braids in the hair. I usually wash my hair in the shower.

4-Shampoo: I like Cream of Nature Ultra Moist Shampoo (the green one); I just mix it w/a little water and run it over the braids w/my fingers. I only stroke the hair from top to bottom to prevent tangling and never the other way. Then I rinse it thouroughly.

5-Conditioner: Silicon Mix is good but my hair stylist (Queen of the Wink) uses Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise and it leaves my hair sooo soft. I leave it on the weave and my edges for about 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly

Never put oils on your weave. It'll make it stringy and dirty. The ORS conditioner will make it soft and you may not need anything else. With a weave, the less products you use the better.

ACV is a very effective dandruff treatment. Just google "ACV and dandruff" and you will see how many people have have known about it for generations. Oil doesn't help b/c the flakes occur when there's an overproduction of oil on the scalp.

Hope this helps. Good luck!Wink
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by moremi moremi wrote:

I am actually washing my hair now!!
so, this is what I do.
I used the Queen Helen hot oil treatment/or the hair mayo.
I used two packs. I put olive oil on my tracks.. I also use the hot oil treatment on the weave hair.
I put on a dryer( i have the one with the cap) sit for 45 mins to an hour and wash.. I con wash- and rinse with ACV.
thats it!!!
when you con wash, is it on wavy, straight or curly hair? does it make the extensions "stiff" because of the conditioner (film)?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by RedDevyl RedDevyl wrote:

Ok. Here's what I do.

1- put the hair in two or three braids and tie the ends w/elastics; this keeps it from tangling while I wash

2- for the dandruff (oils only make it worse and it'll get gunky under the braids; I'm a lifelong sufferer and have gone to various dermatologists) here's what works; i take about 1 and a half to 2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and mix it with warm water, about a 1:1 ratio. You can buy ACV at the supermarket or a healthfood store. So I'll lean over the bathroom sink w/the ACV in one large soup carton (the kind u get from the chinese store...it's ghetto, i know) and another empty one. I put some warm water in the empty one and pour some ACV into it. Then I douse my head w/it making sure to get under all the braids. I keep doing this until the ACV is finished and my scalp is drenched. Then I place a plastic cap on it and let it sit on the hair for 20-30 minutes. I usually do housework or watch t.v while waiting.

3-Rinse out the ACV and leave the braids in the hair. I usually wash my hair in the shower.

4-Shampoo: I like Cream of Nature Ultra Moist Shampoo (the green one); I just mix it w/a little water and run it over the braids w/my fingers. I only stroke the hair from top to bottom to prevent tangling and never the other way. Then I rinse it thouroughly.

5-Conditioner: Silicon Mix is good but my hair stylist (Queen of the Wink) uses Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise and it leaves my hair sooo soft. I leave it on the weave and my edges for about 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly

Never put oils on your weave. It'll make it stringy and dirty. The ORS conditioner will make it soft and you may not need anything else. With a weave, the less products you use the better.

ACV is a very effective dandruff treatment. Just google "ACV and dandruff" and you will see how many people have have known about it for generations. Oil doesn't help b/c the flakes occur when there's an overproduction of oil on the scalp.

Hope this helps. Good luck!Wink
ok i like the acv recommendation better than oil! but does acv moisturize ur hair.....do u try and put any of the conditioner on ur braids? or just the leave out hair, edges and weave?
RedDevyl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 4:58pm
I put the conditioner just on the edges and weave hair. It's too hard to wash out conditioner from in between the braids. If you put conditioner on the braids there's a good chance they may not dry properly and you'll get mildew or something nasty like that. LOL. The braids will be moisturized enough if you use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. The braids get some shampoo and conditioner during the process.

I had a similar dryness problem when I first got a weave but I found it's more about finding the right products. I had to keep in mind that the hair is not like AA texture so I had to treat it as such. Which means NO OIL. What keeps the hair from drying out is the shampoo and conditioners. I also use Frizz-Ease Serum and Tresemme Anti-Frizz Smoothing Cream to combat the frizzies and that seems to smooth the hair out and weigh it down a bit w/o making it stringy.
RedDevyl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 4:59pm
And ACV makes the hair soft and bouncy. It also cleans off any product residue.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 5:14pm
ok thank u red d......ill re start doing my acv rinses....really dont know why i stopped.....so i wont be really changing anything to my regimen, accept adding te acv rinse back into!! thank you
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2008 at 5:14pm
ok thank u red d......ill re start doing my acv rinses....really dont know why i stopped.....so i wont be really changing anything to my regimen, accept adding te acv rinse back into!! thank you
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic