BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Truthful depictions of People from the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truthful depictions of People from the Bible
    Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:33am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/07/characters-from-bible-really-look-like-_n_5281519.html

Plenty of films have taken a stab at bringing Bible stories to life, from "The Ten Commandments" and "Jesus Christ: Superstar" to this year's "Son of God" and "Noah." But despite those movies' different genres and tones, these films all tend to share one similarity: They have white casts, even though the Bible's characters would have been from parts of Africa or the Middle East. Photographer James C. Lewis of Noire3000 | N3K Photo Studios has decided to rectify by presenting these iconic figures in a new light.

Lewis' "Icons Of The Bible" photo series depicts some of the most famous characters from the Old and New Testament exclusively as people of color, including Simon Peter, Elijah, King Solomon and the archangel Gabriel. The series, which will be fully released in October, features 70 models who identify as either Asian, Native American, Hispanic, African, Middle Eastern, Black American and West Indian.

"I think it is very important to see one's self in the Scripture so that it may become real in their eyes," Lewis told The Huffington Post. "The whitewashing of the Bible has always bothered me. However I'm happy to now have the opportunity to give a different point of view."

While Lewis' series doesn't aim for perfect accuracy when representing all of the biblical figures' supposed nationalities, it will hopefully spark discussion on the nature of religious imagery as well as the inclusion of people of color in the modeling world. Said Lewis, "I wish to exhibit a splash of color onto the biblical pages of history with my creative embellishments. By doing so I hope to open the minds and eyes of the ignorant and create open conversations of how we can learn to see the world through colorful lenses. After all, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is intended for everyone."

For those who'd like to see the entire collection, "Icons Of The Bible" will on display from November 2014 to February 2015 in Atlanta, GA. Check out just a few of the images below.

Edited by f8dagrate - May 13 2014 at 1:34am
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:36am
Somebody please help me post these pics. I had to ask for forgiveness yassss......Tongue
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:47am
Truthful depictions of People from the Bible

Edited by ragincajin - May 13 2014 at 1:57am
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:50am
Thanks Ragincajin. But I still don't see nothing.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:54am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Thanks Ragincajin. But I still don't see nothing.

Done.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 1:57am
Omg Thank youHug
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 2:01am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Omg Thank youHug

Anytime.
Now off to bed so that I can be as fresh as a rose for yt folk in a few hours.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 2:07am
oh my.  the prophet part uno could mos def get it...
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 2:14am
elisha could get it

..God is good

Stern Smile
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 2:14am
Elisha has a nice lineup LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>