Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Trim + Split Ends = EVEN MORE SPLITS !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
HoneyBee3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyBee3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trim + Split Ends = EVEN MORE SPLITS !!!
    Posted: Jul 09 2016 at 1:07pm
Hello all! So here's my little sob story for you...

I've been trying to grow my hair out since I went natural. And yet here it is almost 4 years later and I'm still at neck length, no better than of I had left it permed. I believe my culprit is improper trimming, but I need your help to decide....

I am a 4C natural with fine strands and high density, unknown porosity. My regimen consists of long term protective styles (a month) in cornrows and wigs with a satin cap sewn in. I've recently taken to heavy oiling, which involves oiling the hair every night with a penetrative oil and washing it off within a week. I don't keep track of my trimming, but every time I trim, it seems that within a two weeks, the damage cuts down to already half an inch!

How? Does anyone know what's eating my ends?
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2016 at 1:11pm
i have no idea, i struggle with split ends too. i am actually going to trim my ends today.
i read somewhere to apply conditioner to your ends to avoid split ends. i will start doing that, because i am tired of this BS length. i want hip length hair!
HoneyBee3000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyBee3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2016 at 11:16pm
*sigh* Aw well...thank you! I'll try that too. I'll try anything at this point.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic