Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Treatment for Stretch Marks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treatment for Stretch Marks
    Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:35pm
This is a spin off of sorts...I came across this product called a dermaroller, which is said to drastically reduce stretch marks. It is a device that has small needles that you roll over the problem area and I guess causes the skin to regenerate faster, as well as allows for any topical cream to penetrate better...

Have any of you tried it?

Do you have any other products that worked on stretch marks?

It's supposed to help with acne scarring too...

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jul 16 2012 at 1:48pm
Sponsored Links

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:36pm
are those sharp spikes ? are you cutting yourself with that roller ? 
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:38pm
That thing looks painful

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

are those sharp spikes ? are you cutting yourself with that roller ? 
Derma rolling is also known as micro-needling, skin rolling or collagen induction therapy (CIT). Our derma roller is made of high grade micro needles which roll over and penetrate the skins upper surface painlessly. Our roller is a class 1 medical device which is simple and easy to use at home. In fact, it has very similar results to Laser Treatment, Chemical Peels and Dermabrasion, but is considerably less invasive (without any of the skin trauma) and carries only a fraction of the cost. This revolutionary device provides two major benefits. Firstly, they stimulate collagen growth which significantly improves the appearance of scars, fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and acne scars. Secondly, they allow the application of creams, gels and oils, to be absorbed more effectively boosting their effectiveness. This treatment also assists hair loss treatments and cellulite reduction.
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:41pm
A friend told me about this procedure, its best that you have it done by a professional. The longer the needles the better the results.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:45pm
Here is what I found on the process:

There are two methods of Derma Rolling. One version involves the use of cream to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the derma roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week. Using the device gently gives a tickling feeling and is not painful – although your face is more sensitive to it than your body.

HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Here is what I found on the process:

There are two methods of Derma Rolling. One version involves the use of cream to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the derma roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week. Using the device gently gives a tickling feeling and is not painful – although your face is more sensitive to it than your body.

I have some marks on my thighs...I'll do it if you do....lol
BakedCookie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BakedCookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:51pm
no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:53pm
my son actually has stretch marks & on his arms and along his back...I was thinking about getting it for him. My stretch marks...please who don't like'em...oh well...
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by BakedCookie BakedCookie wrote:

no leaves scars and hyperpigmentation on people with darkskin. it dont work
You've tried it personally? Or have you read up on it?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic