BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Treasury can make you pay for parent's debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 8:45pm
Thank God my parents paid for everything with cash. They don't owe a dime to anyone. 
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 9:18pm
Why don't they collect the trillions in taxes the corporations owe to the government, instead of going after average people who can't afford to pay their bills as it is?

Anybody still want to claim America is the best country in the world?
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Why don't they collect the trillions in taxes the corporations owe to the government, instead of going after average people who can't afford to pay their bills as it is?

Anybody still want to claim America is the best country in the world?

LoL I didn't know people felt that way.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 9:47pm
This is crazy! I hope the lawyers can get this overturned.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Damn, some of us may have to pay for our own "dead beat dads"??

I was wondering this...I wonder if it only applies to children who were once claimed by the parents on taxes or ss paperwork, which I highly doubt my father ever did.  

If they changed the limitations then how is it fair for this to be retroactive?  Since when do things work that way?  There will probably be enough outrage to get this overturned.
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:03pm
Got me thinking how many kids are going to have to "repay" the TANF benefits their parents received.

That's fcked up...makes us not even want to file taxes.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:27pm
from what i can tell...i don't think this is coming from the irs.  this is the social security administration.  they (ssa) f*cked up and paid more benefits (this usually occurs at the beginning or end of payment eligibility) than was owed.  and now they (ssa) are using the irs (by way of ganking peoples tax refunds) to recover. 

so, if you ever received ssi for a deceased spouse or parent...which no one in their right mind would refuse seeing as how i believe typically (save a few exceptions) you'd only be eligible to receive benefits when the deceased person has actually paid into the system...this could actually apply to you...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Apr 12 2014 at 10:50pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

When Grice was 4, back in 1960, her father died, leaving her mother with five children to raise. Until the kids turned 18, Sadie Grice got survivor benefits from Social Security to help feed and clothe them.

Now, Social Security claims it overpaid someone in the Grice family — it’s not sure who — in 1977. After 37 years of silence, four years after Sadie Grice died, the government is coming after her daughter. Why the feds chose to take Mary’s money, rather than her surviving siblings’, is a mystery.

Security officials told Grice that six people — Grice, her four siblings and her father’s first wife, whom she never knew — had received benefits under her father’s account. The government doesn’t look into exactly who got the overpayment; the policy is to seek compensation from the oldest sibling and work down through the family until the debt is paid.

Confused
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 11:55pm
Wait his wife was collecting benefits and she has to pay the price??? I'd be calling up his wife and nem!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 12:06am
If Black people weren't so intimidated by White folks, we would somehow link this back to reparations

I still can't believe I have to pay back loans to banks that used to own my people
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic