Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Traveling to Nigeria for Xmas...alone...advice?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Traveling to Nigeria for Xmas...alone...advice?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traveling to Nigeria for Xmas...alone...advice?
    Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:00pm
I've been planning this trip for months and all of a sudden the woman I was going to travel with is no longer going. I'm 23 years old and last time I went to Naija I was 8 and with my family. Can anyone give me any advice on what the airports like and if the cops patrolling will give me a hard time? I plan on having my family meet me there, but I'm still skittish....

My dad's also a little worried for me to be traveling by myself but I know he doesn't wanna scare me by voicing his fears.

Any frequent travelers to Nigeria with any advice to give? PLEEAASSEEE????Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 10:27am
I think you should go on tripadvisor for more adivce but if you have family that lives in nigeria it shouldnt be so bad
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:36pm
I dont know too much about Nija but IG if your family is there you should be in SAFE hands... I traveled to senegal without speaking one word of French or Wolof to meet and visit with friends at least in Nija you have the advantage of ENGLISH! you will be fine,
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:37pm
wait this is old how was your trip?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:53pm
My trip was AMAZING!! Ugh...I'm still so depressed to be home. I'm already planning my return trip! I don't even remember what I was so worried about.

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:09am

^^you're cute!Big smile
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 8:08am
thank you!!
naijachick09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachick09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:37pm
I am glad that you had fun. I wish I had seen this before you had gone. I was in the same situation, I went for the First time by myself, but I had a Nigerian passport and a phone and the phone number of my aunt who would be picking me up. Is that a picture of the east?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:55pm
My dad really wanted me to get a passport while I was there, but he never gave me my birth certificate to get it done!

And that's the back of my uncles house in Owerri.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:18am
You're cute

Edited by Missvw - Feb 06 2014 at 4:19am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply