Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Travel on the cheap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:45pm

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Airbnb is cool, Ive looked into it in the past before....I think the service has been banned in NYC? or was that just for hostels ...with the whole subletting case..... Def a cool service but you still have to be on the look out for those creepers...lol
My folks leaving tomorrow for NYC and used airbnb to book a room for the week.  They have corresponded with the "host" and are very excited.

Airbnb is the bomb....I always have to look at the kid friendly places LOL
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 12:30pm
question...some of the prices for NYC that is, doesn't seem to be that much cheaper than a hotel, but the accommodations appear to be better. Are you sharing rooms with random people?
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

question...some of the prices for NYC that is, doesn't seem to be that much cheaper than a hotel, but the accommodations appear to be better. Are you sharing rooms with random people?

On AirBNB it usually tells you if you'll have the flat/apt to yourself or if there will be someone else (be it another traveler or the homeowners themselves, some even offer breakfast and traveling infor./tips) there.If its not clearly defined in the description id ask the host for clarification.
Starrygurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:10pm
WinkO thanks. So this is kind of like couch surfers? Even though I like to have my own space, it seems cool.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 3:24pm
Airbnb is not the lick lol...well at least not for me it hasn't been. I've perused the site before and always ended up deciding against it. 

I usually go the hostel route, the rooms with the private bath. They have kitchens to cook  and washer/dryer. You have to find a reputable one, so if you do your research you will find a nice and clean one in a great location for a great price. Plus! You can socialize with the other travelers. I remember in Kyoto, Japan a group of us were just hanging in the living room talking and we ended up going to the grocery store to cook dinner together. It was such a fun night! 

Edited by khivey - Sep 02 2013 at 3:24pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

Omg, I'm too happy. I'm looking at Peru right now. I'm interested in Miraflores, Cusco, and Lima. Thanks Miana79! It's good to have options!
Peru is on my list of places to see within the next year.  I want to see the Machu Picchu.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Airbnb is not the lick lol...well at least not for me it hasn't been. I've perused the site before and always ended up deciding against it. 

I usually go the hostel route, the rooms with the private bath. They have kitchens to cook  and washer/dryer. You have to find a reputable one, so if you do your research you will find a nice and clean one in a great location for a great price. Plus! You can socialize with the other travelers. I remember in Kyoto, Japan a group of us were just hanging in the living room talking and we ended up going to the grocery store to cook dinner together. It was such a fun night! 

Staying at a hostel as a solo traveler has always spooked me..... If any of you have used them could share a review of the ones you've stayed at that would be awesome..... single room alone I can do but dormitory alone no ma'am.
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

On AirBNB it usually tells you if you'll have the flat/apt to yourself or if there will be someone else (be it another traveler or the homeowners themselves, some even offer breakfast and traveling infor./tips) there.If its not clearly defined in the description id ask the host for clarification.

ok...I knew there had to be some type of con. Some were really nice though. 
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote talia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 6:01pm
I have never had to share a place with anyone when I used airbnb.

I've been looking into hostels for when I return to Colombia next summer for a month while I take a university course in Medellin (I have no family in that city) and I really don't want to ask my family to set me up with a friend, of a friend si i can stay somewhere. Id rather stay on my own without it cost an eye. I've been looking at this site
www.hostelbookers.com and on it you can reserve a private room with a bath in advance.

Has anyone booked with this site? What has been your experience staying in a hostel? I'm so far from the 20 something crowd...so I'm not looking for a party atmosphere just a cheap, safe, clean place to stay and study while I take a class for a month.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>