BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transparent Lace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ATL_diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATL_diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:24am
The lace is actually transparent when you put it against the skin, see the pictures here

http://www.looks21.com/forum/ultra-fine-swiss-lace-vs-super-fine-swiss-lace/#simple-forum-post-13 - http://www.looks21.com/forum/ultra-fine-swiss-lace-vs-super-fine-swiss-lace/#simple-forum-post-13
Sponsored Links

MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 12:21pm
I used RIT dye remover to remove some Black dye from my unit. Well the RIT got on my lace and turned it ummm transparent- not exactly sure what happened. That was the best mistake I ever made.  The lace now melts into my skin.Thumbs Up
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by MISS CR MISS CR wrote:

I used RIT dye remover to remove some Black dye from my unit. Well the RIT got on my lace and turned it ummm transparent- not exactly sure what happened. That was the best mistake I ever made.  The lace now melts into my skin.Thumbs Up

Pics please
ATL_diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATL_diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 2:54pm
delete

Edited by ATL_diva - Sep 18 2013 at 2:59pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 7:03am
I'm chocolate and I find transparent produces a better lace tinting result. Not all transparents are the same. I've posted receipts before and the sistas here will tell u Newdiva's app is hecka good for a full tack down, lace not behind the hairline app. Not to toot my own horn.
VivaVaVoom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VivaVaVoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

aren't they (the lace) not all created equal? I swear some of the transparent Swiss lace is colorless...

I don't quite understand how transparent lace could possibly be peach toned like some posters mentioned. To me, transparent is transparent... according to the definition of the word "transparent"  http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transparent , the lace is supposed to be see-through! Nothing indicates that the material could be dyed, or peach, or whatever.  I wouldn't trust any wig company that did some peach-job on a wig.

I guess "transparent" is a subjective term depending on the company you go with. 

Fine lace with no color should, in theory, blend well with any skin tone... rather than adding another dimension of color.

If it was possible to get entirely transparent lace, wouldn't that be perfect for just about everyone? 

Edited by VivaVaVoom - Sep 25 2013 at 5:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VivaVaVoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:35pm

Very cool! Most scientific discoveries come from so-called "mistakes". I see those happenings as blessings in disguise. 

I think you just proved my hypothesis! Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VivaVaVoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Pics please

Yes! Seriously! I'd love to see your serendipitous lace.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:53pm
^^^ VVV, your definition of transparent is of course correct.

But there's one flaw to your theory.

It presumes all CV's tell the truth.....LOLLOLLOL

dorislesure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorislesure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 8:44am
+1
transparent

Edited by dorislesure - Sep 29 2013 at 8:48am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com