Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Transitioning with Low Porosity Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transitioning with Low Porosity Hair
    Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:09pm
Hello!!!
Basically, I am 5 months post-relaxer. I have type 4c & beyond hair. I did the hair porosity hair test after my hair was washed. The hair didn't even sink after a day. Obviously I have low porosity hair and I just wanted to know what products some of you guys use to keep the hair moisturized. I have yet to see fully moisturized and soft 4c hair and I need some proof in order to keep my hopes up. I've tried youtube but the tips and tricks aren't working. I go out with my hair usually fresh out of a twist out. It gets extremely dry and I end up looking like Einstein by the end of the day. I got twists, which killed my edges, and they helped my hair to grow.

What do you ladies use to keep your 4c low porosity hair fully moisturized?
How do you keep the relaxed ends from breaking off?
How do I create work friendly protective hair style?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

Hello!!!
Basically, I am 5 months post-relaxer. I have type 4c & beyond hair. I did the hair porosity hair test after my hair was washed. The hair didn't even sink after a day. Obviously I have low porosity hair and I just wanted to know what products some of you guys use to keep the hair moisturized. I have yet to see fully moisturized and soft 4c hair and I need some proof in order to keep my hopes up. I've tried youtube but the tips and tricks aren't working. I go out with my hair usually fresh out of a twist out. It gets extremely dry and I end up looking like Einstein by the end of the day. I got twists, which killed my edges, and they helped my hair to grow.

What do you ladies use to keep your 4c low porosity hair fully moisturized?
How do you keep the relaxed ends from breaking off?
How do I create work friendly protective hair style?

Thanks!!

Hi bohomojo, i definetly think you should try the max hydration method. It is specifically for your hair type. Since you are transitioning, just adjust it to do twists and twistout. But if you do the steps and then do the twist out, it will come out very moisturized looking and defined. You will retain so much moisture and your hair will thrive and be healthy. Your edges will also fill in.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Some things i've been noticing about my low porosity 4c hair since doing MHM

Before and after testimony pics(there are more throughout the post)

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page8.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page30.html

My friends result after doing it once on his head

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page48.html

Edited by pinkecube - May 19 2014 at 3:43pm
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 7:14pm
I was reading through the pages and I saw that you were making a FAQ for this method. Did you post it, and if so could you perhaps tell me what page it is on?
Also, is the wash and go method still going to work in my relaxed ends?
Will this help with breakage?
Last question, can I stretch the daily regimen to 5 days?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 9:18pm
I'm still making the FAQ, and when they are done, they will be posted on the main site, maxhydrationmethod.com. However, you can still ask me questions under the post and i'll answer them for now along w/ other users.

Yes, this will definitely help with breakage. for me my edges are filling in and retaining length. An area that was slow in growth has retained length faster since starting the regimen.

since your relaxed ends are straight, they aren't going to make it curly. It will make the ends more moisturized though. The important part is to use a botanical gel, so you can still do transition styles like twist outs, but use gel to set it. gel is most efficient at sealing in moisture.

stretching it longer than 3 days becomes a set back especially since you are trying to build up moisture retention. the reason is conditioner only lasts in hair about 3 days. the more times you do the regimen and the more frequently, the faster you will get results. because you are building up moisture retention levels each time like a storage. At first if your hair is dehydrated, you need to do it more often so that you won't be losing moisture faster than you are getting it. That way it can accumulate. once you get max hydration, you will have filled that storage, and be able to do your hair less often.

On days that it's already past 3 days if you don't feel like doing the rest of the steps, you can do step 1, then deep condition and just wear a scarf, wig, beanie when you go out. The same rules apply there, repeat step 1 every 3 to 5 days until you can do all the steps. 
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 12:49pm
So my hair is breaking/shedding like crazy. It is really dry and I don't know what to do. I am doing the MHM method every 3-4 days as I cannot do it daily. It is dry and very unmanageable after the second day. I have many knots, single strand included. The amount of the hair that breaks from my head every day is about 4 hair balls (each about the size of a teaspoon). I'm stuck. I follow everything accordingly and nothing is working CryCry. I don't want to keep losing more hair. Please help!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:20pm

So my hair is breaking/shedding like crazy. It is really dry and I don't know what to do. I am doing the MHM method every 3-4 days as I cannot do it daily. It is dry and very unmanageable after the second day. I have many knots, single strand included. The amount of the hair that breaks from my head every day is about 4 hair balls (each about the size of a teaspoon). I'm stuck. I follow everything accordingly and nothing is working CryCry. I don't want to keep losing more hair. Please help!

Hi bohomojo, sorry about that.
I think the issue is you might be stretching your style too long. That is not often enough for you hair to introduce moisture, and especially with you transitioning and the weak spot between the transitioning hair and the relaxed hair, if you allow shed hairs to build up, you may encounter a lot of knotting and that will cause breakage when detangling. What options are you doing? Make sure to do something that entails either DC or steaming or a thermal heating cap.

Aside from that I have a suggestion. It is alot to do the regimen every other day. So what you can do is at least while you are transitioning, try to spread out the regimen so it is easier. Try doing the full regimen every 4 days, and in between, just a regular cowash and seal. So your regimen during the week may look like this.

Day 1 full routine, braid/twist/transition style at night.

Day 2 Morning Take loose style. In the evening Do a warm cowash and Leave in conditioner, seal, Rebraid, etc.

Day 3 Morning Take loose style. In the evening Do a cowash and Leave in conditioner, seal, Rebraid, etc. Day 4 Morning Take loose style. In the evening Complete full routine. And repeat.

On some days, you can also do step 1 and just DC until you can complete the steps. Put a little honey in your DC too. And make sure not to leave your hair loose while you DC or DC longer than 3 days before detangling again.

Last, make sure that when you are detangling, you are getting the shed hairs out, and make to get those sheds out everytime you do your hair. I have found the longer that you go without properly detangling, whether you stretch the style too long, or just don't detangle properly during wash day, you can have shed hairs in there and they can be problematic. Let alone dealing with two textures. So I hope that helps, and keep me updated. You don't have to deal with this alone.
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:43pm
I am unable to wash my hair daily/nightly. That is why I am stretching so long. I decided to add the liquid aminos to my deep conditioner and it helped a lot. My hair isn't protein sensitive so I felt as if it would work and it did.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 3:29pm

I am unable to wash my hair daily/nightly. That is why I am stretching so long. I decided to add the liquid aminos to my deep conditioner and it helped a lot. My hair isn't protein sensitive so I felt as if it would work and it did.
Okay, glad you found that solution. I was actually going to add you could do a modified cherry lola as well, as your relaxed ends might actually need protein. Keep me updated on your progress as wellSmile
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 12:34am
A lot has been going on within the past week and I noticed my hair is dry, motionless, stiff, and undesirable at the moment. I've reduced my stretching time but it isn't working. My relaxed ends are thinning out also.

I'm thinking of mixing bananas, molasses, honey, liquid aminos, acv, and egg together and using that as my deep conditioner instead. Do you think that would be okay? I try to stay on the regimen as much as I can but life sometimes doesn't work in my hair's favor. 

Also, my cousin would like to know what the banana and the molasses does to the hair.

Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style