Perfect Hair Collection

Transitioning and itching

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transitioning and itching
    Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:17pm
My mother is transitioning right now and she says that her head is itching like crazy, even though she has no dandruff/flakes. It's driving her mad.
I've never had this side effect so I'm not sure what to tell her (I have actual dandruff but I control it with acv rinses).
What do you ladies recommend? I think I remember reading on here that the itching may be associated with hair growing but is there anything one can do about it?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 22 2014 at 1:18pm
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 7:25pm
Hey there! I had that issue when I transitioned. I used Tea Tree Oil. Hollywood Beauty. I would put it on my scalp and no more itches! HTH ya Momma. Oh, I've heard Sea Breeze and Witch Hazel are good too.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Hey there! I had that issue when I transitioned. I used Tea Tree Oil. Hollywood Beauty. I would put it on my scalp and no more itches! HTH ya Momma. Oh, I've heard Sea Breeze and Witch Hazel are good too.

Thanks for the info! I'll let her know.
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:16am
I experienced alot of itching while transitioning also, and actually just went thru an itch spell from December-recently. It was so bad that I went to the dermatologist.

But what I have found is that anytime my scalp itches like its on fire its either because 1. I'm using something that is irritating my scalp (I try to use all natural products) I think I'm allergic to Rosemary oil and shea butter. Or 2. there is a build up of products on my scalp that even ACV can't fixLOL To take care of the build up issues I use an African black soap shampoo that gently clarifies my scalp and so far so good.

Edited by AriesBabe09 - Jan 29 2014 at 9:17am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style