Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Transitioners Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 256>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by kushie20 kushie20 wrote:

ConfusedHELP!Cry

So, I decided to transition to natural hair.. my last relaxer was in april this year. Before then, I was constantly weaving my hair. First I would weave, wash every 2 weeks and remove after a month.. but for about 6 months or more I got lazy and started weaving back to back and only washing and conditioning when I took my hair out. I took out my last and final weave about two weeks ago, there was a lot of growth but I am experiencing A LOT of sheddingOuch.. i guess it's not shedding rather breakage so I want to know where to start? I was planning to go to the salon to get all the damaged hair cut off.. i would rather transition slowly then BC all at once but if it means all that hair has to go then i'll do it, right now my hair is collar bone length... i will transition using half wigs (so i need a bit more hair to blend at the front), keep my hair in conrows during the week, only use natural products, no heat at all, spritz with rosemary water &glycerin daily... once that finishes i will switch to a water and aloe vera mix...wash 1x a week with terresentials and then deep condition with an olive oil and honey mix for 15 minutes, then detangle and conrow up while wet with a shea butter mix. I also wanted to put in Jamaican black castor oil 2x a week on my scalp - once after I wash and once mid week. My main issue over the past two weeks is that i put tooo much of the product in my hair.. its too oily so i have to cut back... I got all this from mixing different youtube video routines. Anyone have any thoughts?.. It sounds like a lot...Do you think this is a good plan for my hair? Pleaaaaseee pleaaase help Cry

your plan sounds good to me.  i would not cornrow wet though. i would let my hair get at least 80 percent dry before moisturizing with the butter.  you also avoid breakage that way.  hth! Smile
Sponsored Links

Imalilkitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imalilkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:54pm
Transitioning for about 4 months now. I have only really started taking care of it for about a month now. Man this is hard. The breakage has slowed but its hard to deal with the two different textures. I've been using this keratin mist which has been a huge help especially where my new growth and relaxed hair meet. I don't know what I'm going to do for thanksgiving I guess a bun?? Today I am going to pick up a few more hair products. I'm so happy for this forum it has been a huge help and I've learned so much so far. Just reading the posts are encouraging!!!

Good luck ladies!!

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 11:39am
Im just gonna big chop :/ i wanna find some staples before i do though
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:20pm
after 8 months transitioning my hair was tangled mess esp with washes, i cut off about 5 inches of relaxed hair, still more relaxed hair to go.
Takestime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takestime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:09am
going to reach 17 months on the 17th.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:44pm
21 months...
I'm tired of transitioning
bananapralines View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananapralines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 12:57am
Dont mind me, just pulling up a seat and digging through this thread. Geek
Currently a short bob. 5 months since its last relaxer, currently in a weave with a leave out. Looking for more ways to transition :)
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:47am
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

21 months...
I'm tired of transitioning

Hold on you can do it!!!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:26pm
Kushie, I would suggest incoporating a light protein condish to help with the breakage. V05 has some good light protein condishes . Look for hydrolized silk protein, silk amino acid in the ingredients, so you can know it has protein in it. You may benefit from some light protein, sinne your transitioning and having breakage. HTH!
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Kushie, I would suggest incoporating a light protein condish to help with the breakage. V05 has some good light protein condishes . Look for hydrolized silk protein, silk amino acid in the ingredients, so you can know it has protein in it. You may benefit from some light protein, sinne your transitioning and having breakage. HTH!

I agree I used VO5 throughout my entire transition and experienced very minimal if any breakage and shedding. VO5 is still one of my staples.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 256>
  Share Topic