BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transitioners Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 256>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

7 months into transitioning and my kitchen area  is breaking off ughConfused, dont want to bc just yet until i have more length. how do you ladies deal with breakage while transitioning? 
I'm in a weave with a closure now. TIA.
Moisturize your hair with shea butter before you cornrow down your base for your weave. Your hair especially the relaxed part will dry out under the weave. You will experience more breakage and extra shedding. Protein treatment can add strength to your weak relaxed strands and will eliminate some breakage. Use products to keep your hair de-tangled as best you can. Afro stretch creme by 4naturals is great for tangles and the line of demarcation.
Sponsored Links

diva84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 8:23am
Anonymous beauty: If I were you, I'd consider moving to more natural/less harsh products - or at least consider it.  Don't shampoo too often and condition A LOT.  Find a good daily moisturizer - even make your own. There are plenty of resources online for how to do that.  I don't know if your hair needs it, but think about protein for your line of demarcation and relaxed ends. 

I am ALMOST completely natural.  I still have some relaxed ends in the front, which I was relaxing for about 6 more months than the rest of my hair so my weave leave-out would blend well.  Totally regretting that decision now!  I can't really do WNGs b/c the front just gets stringy  Dead  Just a few more months, I'm hoping!
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2012 at 1:54am
thanks veemack and diva84 Smile, will try your suggestions, if all else fails i might bc, will update you ladies. 
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 8:42pm
It will be two year soon!!!
kushie20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kushie20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2012 at 3:45pm
ConfusedHELP!Cry

So, I decided to transition to natural hair.. my last relaxer was in april this year. Before then, I was constantly weaving my hair. First I would weave, wash every 2 weeks and remove after a month.. but for about 6 months or more I got lazy and started weaving back to back and only washing and conditioning when I took my hair out. I took out my last and final weave about two weeks ago, there was a lot of growth but I am experiencing A LOT of sheddingOuch.. i guess it's not shedding rather breakage so I want to know where to start? I was planning to go to the salon to get all the damaged hair cut off.. i would rather transition slowly then BC all at once but if it means all that hair has to go then i'll do it, right now my hair is collar bone length... i will transition using half wigs (so i need a bit more hair to blend at the front), keep my hair in conrows during the week, only use natural products, no heat at all, spritz with rosemary water &glycerin daily... once that finishes i will switch to a water and aloe vera mix...wash 1x a week with terresentials and then deep condition with an olive oil and honey mix for 15 minutes, then detangle and conrow up while wet with a shea butter mix. I also wanted to put in Jamaican black castor oil 2x a week on my scalp - once after I wash and once mid week. My main issue over the past two weeks is that i put tooo much of the product in my hair.. its too oily so i have to cut back... I got all this from mixing different youtube video routines. Anyone have any thoughts?.. It sounds like a lot...Do you think this is a good plan for my hair? Pleaaaaseee pleaaase help Cry

Edited by kushie20 - Oct 13 2012 at 3:48pm
nae2287 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nae2287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2012 at 5:48pm
fellow transitioner here!

follow my blog to watch me go from healthy relaxed hair to damaged relaxed hair ( complete with bald spots y'all Thumbs Down   

then watch the journey from damaged relaxed hair to healthy natural hair

http://www.thenappynurse.wordpress.com - The Nappy Nurse
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:30am
Sooo.....

I am in month 20 (I think) of a two year transition and have never ever worn my hair out

I have been in a sew in the entire time. No breaks just back to back installs.

So I'm due for my next sew in in two weeks and I was thinking of taking my sew in out a week early and wearing my natural hair !!!!'

I'm scared of people's reaction :(

I think my plan is to wear it in a high bun
What y'all think?

Darlinnic
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:34am
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Sooo.....

I am in month 20 (I think) of a two year transition and have never ever worn my hair out

So I'm due for my next sew in in two weeks and I was thinking of taking my sew in out a week early and wearing my natural hair !!!!'

What y'all think?

Darlinnic
I think it would be great if you wore your natural hair out 4 a little
ChummieChumm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChummieChumm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 10:17am
Hello!!! I am new to the forum and have not had a relaxer in 3 months!! I have decided to transition.  I am currently wearing sew ins in order to assist with transitioning.  I just wanted to introduce myself and get started with advice on how to move forward!! Thanks for all your help!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Sooo.....

What y'all think?

Darlinnic

If you like it, they will love it.  I felt the same way and I found that when you were feeling it, people fall in line right behind you.  If you are not yet confident, start with baby steps (close friends, fam) and go from there.  plus, giving your hair a break from the installs is a good thing.  report back and let us know how it went!

#teamnatural! :-)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 256>