BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Transitioners Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 2:31pm
Hi Ladies!

I haven't permed since July '12 and so help me I have the urge to perm. Fighting the urge to perm is like quitting smoking. At first managing two hair types was challenging, but then I started on 4500mg of MSM and that helped to tame the ng PERFECTLY! Moisture comes from Avocado Mist and JBCO. 

I plan on growing to my goal length - WL - and then cutting back the overgrowth to get rid of my permed hair. (I hope I explained that right) In the meantime, I'm up in cornrows  which are redone in different styles either every week or every 2 weeks, and I wear lace fronts every now and then if I have somewhere special to go. 

I just started reading today. Not sure if I'm going to get through 253 pages but I'll try to read most of it. 

Sponsored Links

Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:06am

Congratulations to all the ladies transitioning or thinking about it. Clap

My transition started in 2010 after a bad relaxer, IT WAS HARD. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought about relaxing, dealing with two structures can be difficult at times, products used on my relaxed hair did not work on my natural hair, all those cute hair styles I saw in YT did not work, braidouts with no definition, two strand twists that tangled beyond believe… I was very close to gave up until I discovered extension braids. They worked for me, I’ve follow the CG method and the hair was growing and it was healthy and manageable. Now that the hair is APL (removed relaxed ends bit by bit every two months) I’m leaving the braids behind and starting to wear weaves (thank you Ediese and all the curly kinky ladies out there).  It took me sometime to find the right products and techniques, thank you to forums like this one and YT my hair is thriving. Transitioning is a process… it has ups and downs but achieving the final goal is very rewarding.

Braids and weaves regimen: Wash once a week with Crème of Nature or L’Oreal sulphate free (sometimes pre-poo with oil mix), DC every wash day with heat with Queen Helene Cholesterol, Cantu shea butter or ORS mayonnaise, rinse, air dry and moisturise with S-curl no drip, apply oil mix (EVOO, JBCO, Jojoba oil and coconut oil) to scalp. Spray when needed with diluted conditioner (Tresemmé naturals) on a spray bottle. Clarify once a month with Tresemmé. If I’m experiencing some itchy scalp I use Keracare anti itch spot lotion.

Natural regimen: Wash once a week with Crème of Nature or L’Oreal sulphate free (sometimes pre-poo with oil mix), DC every wash day with heat with Queen Helene Cholesterol, Cantu shea butter or ORS mayonnaise, rinse, spray Joiko Reconstructor (pH balanced to seal the cuticles), moisturise with Keracare butter cream and do a few braids (8-10) and hair dry. Used Kimmaytube method for a while (Kinky curly knot today mixed with aloe vera juice and oils), at this point I do not want spend time mixing and matching products, Keracare naturals line is working beautifully for now. Clarify once a month with Tresemmé. That’s it… pretty simple.  Please remember techniques are more important than products… do not go to the next BSS to buy the products listed… they work for me.

HTH

Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Lightangel Lightangel wrote:

Congratulations to all the ladies transitioning or thinking about it. Clap

My transition started in 2010 after a bad relaxer, IT WAS HARD. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought about relaxing, dealing with two structures can be difficult at times, products used on my relaxed hair did not work on my natural hair, all those cute hair styles I saw in YT did not work, braidouts with no definition, two strand twists that tangled beyond believe… I was very close to gave up until I discovered extension braids. They worked for me, I’ve follow the CG method and the hair was growing and it was healthy and manageable. Now that the hair is APL (removed relaxed ends bit by bit every two months) I’m leaving the braids behind and starting to wear weaves (thank you Ediese and all the curly kinky ladies out there).  It took me sometime to find the right products and techniques, thank you to forums like this one and YT my hair is thriving. Transitioning is a process… it has ups and downs but achieving the final goal is very rewarding.

Braids and weaves regimen: Wash once a week with Crème of Nature or L’Oreal sulphate free (sometimes pre-poo with oil mix), DC every wash day with heat with Queen Helene Cholesterol, Cantu shea butter or ORS mayonnaise, rinse, air dry and moisturise with S-curl no drip, apply oil mix (EVOO, JBCO, Jojoba oil and coconut oil) to scalp. Spray when needed with diluted conditioner (Tresemmé naturals) on a spray bottle. Clarify once a month with Tresemmé. If I’m experiencing some itchy scalp I use Keracare anti itch spot lotion.

Natural regimen: Wash once a week with Crème of Nature or L’Oreal sulphate free (sometimes pre-poo with oil mix), DC every wash day with heat with Queen Helene Cholesterol, Cantu shea butter or ORS mayonnaise, rinse, spray Joiko Reconstructor (pH balanced to seal the cuticles), moisturise with Keracare butter cream and do a few braids (8-10) and hair dry. Used Kimmaytube method for a while (Kinky curly knot today mixed with aloe vera juice and oils), at this point I do not want spend time mixing and matching products, Keracare naturals line is working beautifully for now. Clarify once a month with Tresemmé. That’s it… pretty simple.  Please remember techniques are more important than products… do not go to the next BSS to buy the products listed… they work for me.

HTH

ETA
Current natural regimen DCing is carried out with Keracare Humecto only.  (For some reason I'm now allowed to edit the previous post)
tinasad3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinasad3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 10:52pm
Hello Transitioning ladies! Ive toyed with idea of going natural before during a long stretch and caved to the relaxer after a horrific frustrating experience of detangling. I mean the amount of knots that the shampoo and conditoner caused Ouch smh i cried outta frustration and made an appt the very next day! And you ladies know, that if you dont wait a few days after washing that relaxer will burn your scalp up! And thats exactly what happened. I mean sores and all. By that time I absolutely HATED MY HAIR I mean breakage and shedding everywhere. I didnt want to go natural because I felt like the natural styles we'rent "my style" but do to my job and frustration with my hair Ive just been wearing cornrows to work (redone every 2 weeks) and wearing curly wigs on my off time

I figured if Im gonna do this, I could go natural and get the healthy strong hair Ive desired all my life, and wear wigs when I want a different look. Ive watched quite a few YT vids and am excited. The only problem is i dont really know if constantly wearing cornrows is bad? and I was thinking I could moisturize with shea butter and seal with my oil spray bottle? I have so many questions...*sigh*  I noticed most naturals wash and DC every week. So is every 2 weeks pushing it?

Sorry for writing a novel (overwhelmed)
Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:08am
everything has been going good finally 6 1/2 months post yayy still trying to find the right leave in can anyone suggest a good one? right now im using neutrogena triple moisture its ok but my hair sucks it up and after 2 days my hair needs more can anyone suggest what to use?
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 7:11am
I think I'm 22 months post... I'm so tired of this blasted sew in I have in my hair...

4 more weeks and the. I get to big chip!
Who hoo!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 7:33am
Originally posted by tinasad3 tinasad3 wrote:

Hello Transitioning ladies! Ive toyed with idea of going natural before during a long stretch and caved to the relaxer after a horrific frustrating experience of detangling. I mean the amount of knots that the shampoo and conditoner caused Ouch smh i cried outta frustration and made an appt the very next day! And you ladies know, that if you dont wait a few days after washing that relaxer will burn your scalp up! And thats exactly what happened. I mean sores and all. By that time I absolutely HATED MY HAIR I mean breakage and shedding everywhere. I didnt want to go natural because I felt like the natural styles we'rent "my style" but do to my job and frustration with my hair Ive just been wearing cornrows to work (redone every 2 weeks) and wearing curly wigs on my off time

I figured if Im gonna do this, I could go natural and get the healthy strong hair Ive desired all my life, and wear wigs when I want a different look. Ive watched quite a few YT vids and am excited. The only problem is i dont really know if constantly wearing cornrows is bad? and I was thinking I could moisturize with shea butter and seal with my oil spray bottle? I have so many questions...*sigh*  I noticed most naturals wash and DC every week. So is every 2 weeks pushing it?

Sorry for writing a novel (overwhelmed)
Hey Tina! I don't think every two weeks is 'pushing it' especially if YOUR not experiencing any ill effects (like matting or overwhelming detangling issues) by doing so. I don't wash and DC every week. I'm a lazy natural and don't wash and DCevery week.  If your hair responds well to every two weeks, keep it up! HTH!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 8:44am
ive been growing out my texturizer for 27 months. i have 3 to 5 inches i need to cut but im foolishly holding on to.  this is the first time ive seen this thread, i should come up here more oftenLOL
thatChicDrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatChicDrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:00pm
Last Relaxer was Aug 12
 Since then i've been in Sengalese, Kinky Twist and a Weave ( I change my hair alot lol); the last three weeks ive had my hair "out" and I've been searching for the correct products for me... it took a lot of money and patience but I've found it for me. My hair finally feels moisturized!!! as for the big chop I am def not mentally there yet.. 

I am currently taking a hair skin and nail vitamin from Giant..drinking lots of water ...I wash one week..Co-wash/deep condition the next and keep that going..i hate product buildup. satin scarf..satin pillowcase..and last but not last lots and lots of prayer.. because lord knows I have moments where I just wanna go get my CREAMY CRACK. but I wont.. lol
KaylaBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaylaBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:19am
I'm 7 months in transition my only problem is finding products for my hair an finding sum to lay my edges down i put a lil gel on it an it make my curl pattern show I think I'm 1 of the 4 type maybe 4a or 4b by looking at my new growth I been wearing sew ins an i wash my hair with keracare shampoo an con. Can anyone help me on good products for transitioning hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252253254255256>