BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Transitioners Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 1:26pm
I am 12-months post relaxer. Luckily for me I started my transition journey with a short hair cut so I had no issues with cutting off my relaxed ends after about 6 months. I started with braids, once my hair was long enough to braid. I've been wearing weaves for about 7 months.

@KaylaBeauty I use Hicks Edge Control in the morning and tie a scarf around my head. I usually keep the scarf on until I am about to pull into the parking lot at work. My edges usually stay laid all day. HTH.
Sponsored Links

Tinkerbell48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbell48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 2:39pm
Hello Everyone.  I am new to this board and wanted to get input about transitioning.

I am 47 years old and I am considering going natural.  Now my hairline is thin/receding which is hereditary (my mother).  I've always worn my own hair until about 3-4 years ago.  Of course there have been perms but lately been wearing weaves and wigs.  What makes me pause is how it gets interpreted in regards to the workplace.  How has that been for any of you?  What I'd like to do to my hair is the kinky twist and just go from there.  I don't want to have to continue to wear weaves or wigs.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Takestime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takestime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 12:10pm
20 Months Post Today!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Tinkerbell48 Tinkerbell48 wrote:

Hello Everyone.  I am new to this board and wanted to get input about transitioning.

I am 47 years old and I am considering going natural.  Now my hairline is thin/receding which is hereditary (my mother).  I've always worn my own hair until about 3-4 years ago.  Of course there have been perms but lately been wearing weaves and wigs.  What makes me pause is how it gets interpreted in regards to the workplace.  How has that been for any of you?  What I'd like to do to my hair is the kinky twist and just go from there.  I don't want to have to continue to wear weaves or wigs.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there, Tinkerbell! Honestly, I have not had any issues with having natural hair in a professional setting(business/ business casual dress code. Now, because I have big hair, I don't wear my girl in her BAA status bc she can be distracting. I have rocked various styles with no issues. I think that natural hair in a professional setting is more acceptable now than a few years ago. You don't have to be dependent on wigs and weaves to have a polished look or to be taken as a capable professional. I think with everything that you have to ensure that the style and the size is appropriate for the setting.

GL with your decision!!!

Tinkerbell48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbell48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 12:05am
luvmybiga$$fro thank you for your input.  There is part of me that likes the polished look but tired of the major upkeep.  I am really liking the kinky twist style.

Thank you again.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 8:32am
Well ladies after 3 years on this hair board, I'm finally making the plunge! I'm currently 14 weeks post & I'm not looking back. I'm uncertain at the moment, but I think that's coming from nerves. I worked so hard to get to the length I'm currently at, & I would hate to lose my length, but I think I'm ready to trasition w/o the big chop...I'm praying I can do it!
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 11:21am
Congrats Jewels! Thumbs Up
MzPeachez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzPeachez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 11:22pm
Hi,

I am taking a whack at transitioning my 9 year old and my hair to natural...Do anyone have any regimes for newbie transitioners.

If so I would appreciate it, if you could post. So far I am just using the African Pride Shea Butter Pudding.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:53am
Wik3ddd_Fr3shh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wik3ddd_Fr3shh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 4:04pm
I was a member on this board previously but lost my acct info.
Anyways, i have been going back and forth mentally these past 2/3 years about transitioning. The longest i stretched would be about 4 months.

I'm stretching again now, last relaxer was august 30. I got twists down my back put in for my birthday this month. When i take them out i should be about 6 months post. Hopefully this is the boost i need to make it past the 4 month mark.
Scared and excited
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256>