Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transitioners Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 249250251252253 256>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PrinceszTori View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceszTori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 5:12pm
im 32 weeks post relaxer im going to bc in janurary decemeber makes a yr since myy last relaxer
Sponsored Links

GaLove2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaLove2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 6:33pm
Transitioning again for the 2nd time. I went natural the first time in 2005, grew it out for 3 years and once I entered nursing school I gave back in to a relaxer. Regretted it ever since!! I will say the 2nd time around is easier! I have not had a relaxer since around Feb.2012 and I may bc in December. I miss the days of not running from the rain...
shonda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 9:04am
Good job.. Good luck.. u can do it ladys
Anonymous_Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous_Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 9:44am

My last perm was around May 12, 2012 and everything seemed to be going well until my mother decided to press my hair with a hot comb Ouch . I know she was trying to help but ALOT of hair came out, especially in the back which has always been my weakest spot. Now the natural hair that she pressed is back curly but it's not the same Cry . It's nowhere near as soft as it was, and it's very dry. my hair has grown since then, and the new hair that coming in is soft the way it's suppose to be. Even so, i still want to find a way to repair the damaged hair.

At first i was shampooing and conditioning my hair once a week, but, since she's pressed it I've been washing it every 2 weeks. The whole time i've been using Palmer's Olive oil formula with Vitamin E smoothing shampoo and replenishing conditioner. The conditioner has extra virgin olive oil for soft, silky hair. i also bought Organic Root Stimulator Coconut Oil but my dad uses it more than i do. I don't like how oilly it makes my hair.

Should i start using the coconut oil more, or change shampoos do you think?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Anonymous_Beauty Anonymous_Beauty wrote:

My last perm was around May 12, 2012 and everything seemed to be going well until my mother decided to press my hair with a hot comb Ouch . I know she was trying to help but ALOT of hair came out, especially in the back which has always been my weakest spot. Now the natural hair that she pressed is back curly but it's not the same Cry . It's nowhere near as soft as it was, and it's very dry. my hair has grown since then, and the new hair that coming in is soft the way it's suppose to be. Even so, i still want to find a way to repair the damaged hair.

At first i was shampooing and conditioning my hair once a week, but, since she's pressed it I've been washing it every 2 weeks. The whole time i've been using Palmer's Olive oil formula with Vitamin E smoothing shampoo and replenishing conditioner. The conditioner has extra virgin olive oil for soft, silky hair. i also bought Organic Root Stimulator Coconut Oil but my dad uses it more than i do. I don't like how oilly it makes my hair.

Should i start using the coconut oil more, or change shampoos do you think?
Co wash your hair twice a week and DC with heat under a dryer for 10 minutes each time. Do this for 5 weeks and your hair should return back to normal. If your hair loves Olive oil, try using just pure EVOO daily instead of the Palmers......Blessings!!!!!!!
Anonymous_Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anonymous_Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 9:41am
thanks . And when you say co wash you mean wash it with only conditioner right?
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 2:09am
I been transitioning for 4 months now...Ugh my hair is so thick and it gets tangled very easily Unhappy

I can't wait til I'm fully natural. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Anonymous_Beauty Anonymous_Beauty wrote:

thanks . And when you say co wash you mean wash it with only conditioner right?
Correct.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 11:51am
20 months post!!!!

I have been transitioning through extensions.

Can't wait for my natural hair

I just want to be shoulder length, but I'm not sure when I should BC
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 5:33pm
7 months into transitioning and my kitchen area  is breaking off ughConfused, dont want to bc just yet until i have more length. how do you ladies deal with breakage while transitioning? 
I'm in a weave with a closure now. TIA.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair