Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Transitioners Support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 256>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
diva84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2012 at 3:39pm
What do you moisturize with?  I've tried S Curl Gold and a mixture of aloe w/glycerin, then sealing with coconut oil.  My hair seems like its in good shape (no breakage or tangling) - at least the leave-out (I wear weaves).  But it just feels...funny.  Rough.  I'm not sure if I just need to adjust my expectations or if I need to do something different.
Sponsored Links

goldie_locks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldie_locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2012 at 11:40am
I decided 2 come to this forum because apparently I have commitment issues....I was natural half my life and ever since I 1st relaxed I've been having trouble getting off the creamy crack.i have tried to transition @ least 5 times with no success...you would think it would b easy for me to transition since I stretch my relaxers and I only get about 2 a yr but I get frustrated and bored easily. a bc is outta the question because I hve a lil head lol and it wouldn't look right... n e suggestions and support are greatly appreciated ...
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2012 at 10:25am
Welcome !!!
Have you tried different hair styles while transitioning?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldie_locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Welcome !!!
Have you tried different hair styles while transitioning?

i do hair so i can easily switch my hair but what distracts me from my goal is when i c all these ppl with silky str8 hair and i miss mine Cry ...when i stretch my relaxers i usually wear my natural hair the 1st two or three months and then i keep my hair in sew-ins until my relaxer so i wont damage my hair from the stress of str8in my hair. i usually have leave out but this go round i bought a closure so i wouldnt be tempted to relax my hair.
diva84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2012 at 10:24am
Hey Goldie,

It sounds like you really like having that silky straight hair!  Why do you want to go natural?  I'm totally in favor of you going natural if you want to do it - but if you're not really into it, that's ok.  If you feel like your hair is healthy and looks good doing what you're doing, well why fix what ain't broke?  LOL  You know?  Either way, hang in there!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldie_locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by diva84 diva84 wrote:

Hey Goldie,

It sounds like you really like having that silky straight hair!  Why do you want to go natural?  I'm totally in favor of you going natural if you want to do it - but if you're not really into it, that's ok.  If you feel like your hair is healthy and looks good doing what you're doing, well why fix what ain't broke?  LOL  You know?  Either way, hang in there!

my main reasoning is because i dont want to permanently damage my curl pattern or the integrity of my hair. i have been doing hair for 13+ years and i know relaxing isnt the best option for my hair, especially since i also color my hair. i only wear my hair straight right after i 1st relax, maybe the 1st month....  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldie_locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2012 at 1:24pm
i am 16 weeks post relaxer 2day!!!!!!ClapClapClap ....this is usually when i get a relaxer so im tryna hang n there! i have been wearing a full sew-in with a lace closure since June 21.
Takestime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takestime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2012 at 8:06am
Made  a year post on July 17th Big smile
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 9:46pm
24 months post come December !
5 more months until I BC
diva84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2012 at 6:58pm
Congratulations everyone on your anniversaries and almost-anniversaries!

I did an almost-BC this morning.  Most of my head is now relaxer-free.  However, I was relaxing the leave-out for my sew-in for a few months after I started transitioning, so that part still has relaxed ends.  My hair is about at shoulder length or a bit above.  Its longer than I expected.  I love it! My stylist flat-ironed it and I put some of that new Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine product over it...so far, still pretty straight.  Its pouring outside, so I hope it looks good after I head home from work!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 256>
  Share Topic